Experience with rl25

I use it , no troubles yet . And it's in stock , use this place a bunch .

I use it , no troubles yet . And it's in stock , use this place a bunch .

I think it's a sleeper at this point.

Everyone's Googly eyed about rl26, h1000, and retumbo. This rl25 don't get no love but it's good! Most of the big lazzeroni magnums show the best velocity with this powder (and the increasingly forgot about 7828 (now only in ssc form), THE magnum powder to beat for me still.

I think it's a sleeper at this point.

Everyone's Googly eyed about rl26, h1000, and retumbo. This rl25 don't get no love but it's good! Most of the big lazzeroni magnums show the best velocity with this powder (and the increasingly forgot about 7828 (now only in ssc form), THE magnum powder to beat for me still.
My Hornady app shows it has the same velocity as R26 , R23 and R22 , in 7mmRM , just takes a little more powder to get it there . I use R 19 in my .280AI , same thing there .

My Hornady app shows it has the same velocity as R26 , R23 and R22 , in 7mmRM , just takes a little more powder to get it there . I use R 19 in my .280AI , same thing there .
Checks out. I personally prefer 100 percent case fill or even compressed loads so sometimes more powder for equal speed isn't a bad thing.

It did well with 200 + grainers in 300 win for me

It also gave the highest velocity in my 270 win with 180 grain woodleigh bullets. 2600 fps out of a 22 inch.

rl25 is decent stuff. I've been burning it in my 7stw for 18 years now. I also use it in 7 and 300rum rifles from time to time.
The biggest thing with rl powders is keep them a couple percent off the absolute top. You won't se nearly as much temperamental behavior then.

I've used it in my 25-06, 6.5-06, and 338 RUM. I always got top velocity from for each caliber. It was very accurate in 6.5-06 with 140 EDLM and 250 Berger EH in 338. I've never did any temp sensitive test cuz guns were usually shot in hunting season at the same general temps.

Last edited:
As others have said its magic in my 7STW with 120BT's, and 175ABLR's. Oh wait my 1/9 twist should not stabilize 120-175gr bullets so it has to be the powder. 😂😂