equipment question

wyomingblizzard

I am slowly upgradeing my reloading eguipment. next on the list is a new trimmer, length and neck trimmers, any sugestions? Also what is a good system for case cleaning? Are the sonic cleaner any good? I am trying to get a better quality out of my loads, new to loading for long range. I have learned from this site that my old way isnt good enough,, trying to correct that. Thanks. :)

well its hard to know without knowing your budget...the most bad *** trimmer on the planet is the Giraud and it cost about 425, but it does three functions at once, really speeding up the process. This is next on my list. I have heard that the ultrasonics are good but SS media is even better....

I use a Forster trimmer. Simple to set up and use. Has pilots for any caliber.

I also have a Wilson which is top cabin but the Forster gets more use.

Sheese!!!!! Just looked up the Forster line @ Sinclair. I sure don't recall having to pony up 90 bucks, I've had mine for decades. With all the parts and pieces for every cal up to 375 and the neck turner I must have a fortune in it.:rolleyes:

Forster Classic Case Trimmer - Sinclair Intl

I'd do some shopping before ponying up the funds for another one.:)

I'd go Wilson all the way, including inside neck reamer if it had case holders for wild cat cartridges...

My budget isnt unlimited but I do want something that wont have to be replaced in a few years. I found that my old trimmer dosent always get the necks sguare. And I need abetter cleaning system than just tumbleing.

For cleaning the stainless media is hard to beat! Three or so hours and sparkling brass and clean primer pockets (I decap before tumbleing). I have been using a Lyman trimmer, like the stoutness and the ball in primer pocket holding things square but adjusting is the worst, can hardley ever get it the same even with dummy cases set up. Have a Wilson on the way but with holders going to be down a couple hundred even buying used.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.