encore problem/bellm

mongocanfly

I recently installed a bellm oversized pin in my encore and have to say I am impressed with it. My groups went from 1 1/2" to under 3/4". But I have a problem, if I normally open and close the gun I cannot cock the hammer. I have to slam the gun together to get it to cock. This started when I put the new pin in the gun and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the solution was. I have a bullberry barrel with hanger bar on it also.

go back to Bellm and I am sure they have a fix. He is normally real good about those type things.

also found a simple piece of aluminum duct tape works also, ie the kind used to wrap AC ducts.

Go to prbullets.com for some of their other Encore/Contender tweaks.

BH

Reloads?

At first, my 25-06 TC Encore barrel gapped .003" from the receiver with
the stock hinge-pin. After installing Mike's oversize hinge-pin, that gap
was narrowed by almost 2/3ds!! I couldn't believe it took care of so much
"slop" in that area -- what a GREAT side effect! :)

However, the reloads which I had previously matched to the chamber (as
well as the gap, as it turned out) were now a tad too long and required
slamming the action shut. After those loads were shot up, and brass was
matched to the "new" chamber setup, the action closed normally with a
round in the chamber.

Hoping your problem is as simple to solve.

I would definitely give Mike a holler. he can help you for sure.

I use an oversize on My Contender, but I have never had the problem. use a hich grease or anti-seize when using oversize pins.

Does anyone have a email address for Mike, I cant seem to find it and my work computer has his website blocked out. Thanks for the replys.

Bellm Info

Hi. Mike Bellm, 7604 Monument Drive, Grants Pass, OR 97526. You can likely get a phone number from directory assistance. Hope this helps. BTW-I am looking for an Encore pistol frame if one is sitting excess somewhere. Bob
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.