encore

Dead Beat

im in the market for a new barrle for my tc encore pro hunter.. i would like to get a heavy flutted SS 24 in. 300 win mag . so far i cant find one that's flutted . so the question is does any one know of a barrle maker out there that makes one for a encore .i find a few but with no flute's fox ridge has them as well as ed brown

thanks Jim

Bullberry makes them and so does the guys that used to run Virgen Valley , not sure what they are calling themselves now but they make a fluted barrel.
Its hard to convience Fred at Bullberry that you "need" a 300 mag but he'll make one.

Any reason your going with a 24" barrel ?

Not to many guys wll flute the Encore barrels to deep , I assume because they get them finished just ad the lug to it and fluting them might cause accuracy problems if the cuts are deep .
I have a 300 mag barrel 26" full bull from TC custom shop and honestly it realy ain't no fun to shoot , the stock shape on the factory Encores are not setup to handel heavy recoil so they tend to pass it all along to to.

If you dead set on having a barrel made to your specs you can order the balnk from a barrel maker contured and fluted then have the lug welded on and chambered , this will probably be a very costly route and you'll have to do alot of talking to the Encore barrel makers to get them to agree but its a choice.

Also Mike Bellm makes Encore barrels you could get with him and see what he has to say and if he can point you in the right direction. www.bellmtcs.com

MGM is primarily the same guys from VV.
Mike's website has great info but he doesn't do any custom requests.

xp that's exactly what the DR. orderd ill give them a call from work in the morning and see what the time frame is thanks alot

thanks Jim

Ernie,
What do you mean by 'Mike's website has great info but he doesn't do any custom requests'? I thought that's all he did? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I believe putting aftermarket barrrels on Encores voids any warrantee, might be a consideration. The frame can only do so much, pushing it past certain pressure limits and case-head thrust does things to the fit of the crosspin in the holes in the frame etc.

Thats right Ian , alot of guys want their Encore with a WSM or Ultra mag barrel and it can be done but you have to run the pressure so low you can't even get regular mag velocity and expect the frame to last.
I have a couple and all are the CM frames and barrels to help with some strength , I always ream the pin hols so the pin is making at least 95% contact (its amazing how out of round the holes are in the frames and lugs) , I have run a 308 to some pretty high pressure and not had any trouble.

But more than likely anything you do to the gun will void the warnty

I meant Mike Bellm does not do custom barrel requests on a indiviudal basis.
I was not talking about Mike Sirios. Mike S. does any custom barrel design you can think of.

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks for all the info guys i dont plan on doing any reloading for this gun i plan on shooting factory ammo

Ian is there any problem with factory ammo with any after market barrel thay any of yall know about. this is one reason im asking now before i buy the barrel

the 300 mag is not set in concrete yet im kicking around the 7mm rem mag also the gun will be used for elk as a back up gun

thanks jim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts