Elite Tactical just came

landcbeitner

I got my Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 (30mm tube) Target Turret scope in the mail today. I immedieatly compared the glass to the my dad's Monarch (the Monarch seems to have good glass), I honestly think the Elite was better than the Monarch (it was tough to tell). The scope feels like a quality peice when you pick it up, may be heavier than some would want. The Focus has a very positive and smooth feel. The turrets are designed nicely (extremely simular to the 3200 10x40 tactical) although the clicks aren't quite as nice as some of my other scopes. It has 38 MOA elevation adjustment (would like to have had more). There are 12 MOA per revoulution of the turret. I will try to have it mounted and go shoot it this weekend. Here are some pics.

158.jpg

This pic is far from perfect the camera was apparently moving too much.

163.jpg

162.jpg

The scope probably looks smaller than it is in this pic (my hands are fairly large).

Holey cow those cross hairs are crooked. Look a couple of snakes crossing.:eek:

oop's that was with my right eye. The one w/visible macular degenerations.

It looks A-OK with the good ol' left eye.

:D:D:D:D

I was looking at this same scope on the Midway website and couldn't believe the warranty. I copy/pasted it below. Not a bad way to try out a scope. Post back after you give it a try, I'd be interested in hearing how it worked out for you.

1 Year "Bullet-Proof" Warranty. Bushnell will repair, replace or refund your money if not completely satisfied with this product.

I wonder if the 38 MOA of elevation is supposed to be like that? They advertise 50 MOA.

I'd ask if you could trade for the 6500. ;)

This is the scope I'm hoping to get, I can't afford a NF or Leupy VXIII, let us know how it does at the range.

I wonder if the 38 MOA of elevation is supposed to be like that? They advertise 50 MOA.

Good call, I just recounted and got 44 MOA on elevation, now that's a little better. I thought (probably incorrectly) they were supposed to have 40 MOA adjustment so I wasn't particularly supprised when I came up with 38 on my first count.

OK, how did the shooting go???

I am planning to buy one of these scopes, so am interested in your report.

Cheers,
Jim

The scope proved to be excellent. My best 100yd groups were in the .2's with .3's consistantly. Best 10 shot 300yd group was just over 1 inch so i was very pleased. I took the rifle to a BR competition last saturday and was very happy beating every other rifle built off a factory action ( I lost to the nearest "Open class" rilfe by 4 points). The match was 300yds and 200yds, (at 200yds you shoot two shots each at 5 bulls) I had one bull with two shots that measured .1" (center to center) in the 10 ring. I'd have loved to make it a 3 shot group but I'll have time for that another day. When I started getting serious mirage I just turned the power down a little, and all was well. The scope tracks perfectly and I couldn't ask for anything more. It's a little on the heavy side compared with a 6-20x50 VX-III with 30mm tube. Here's some pics from the match...

You'll notice I've painted the rifle since the last pics.
003-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

009-6.jpg

006-4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pix and the comments.

I have little experience with mil dot reticles, do you find the diameter of the dots to be about right?

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks for the pix and the comments.

I have little experience with mil dot reticles, do you find the diameter of the dots to be about right?

Thanks,
Jim

I can't complain about them. When I range with mil-dots (wich is almost never) I do it off of "center to center" guestimations not dot size. I haven't done any mil-dot ranging with this scope. I would naturally assume they have the correct spacing when placed on 12x as advertised. I wish I had more experience with this so I could give you more info, but I'm a rangefinder man.

Yes, I painted it with an airbrush. I wanted to have it last so I used Alumahyde (just sprayed it into my airbrush paint bottle). I get lots of compliments on the paint when at the range. It's pretty easy to make the camo look exactly how you want with an airbrush. You can get as detailed or as plain as you wish.

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-3.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.