Bushnell tactical elite.

The Leupold VX-6HD glass is much better than Bushnell, and better than NXS, on par with ATACR 1st gen. I don't know that I would make that swap without comparing the two side by side in low light.

I have three Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. I can tell you from side by side with them and my VX-6 4-24X52 looking at an optics chart 127 yards away the Best Bushnell is better than the VX-6 and the other two match the VX-6 is ability to resolve detail.

I have three Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. I can tell you from side by side with them and my VX-6 4-24X52 looking at an optics chart 127 yards away the Best Bushnell is better than the VX-6 and the other two match the VX-6 is ability to resolve detail.
You are the one person on the planet who thinks the Bushnell 6500's are great LOL. I have had 2 of both the 4.5-30x and 2.5-16x and they are OK for $4-500 dollars and no more. If they were I would still have them.

You are the one person on the planet who thinks the Bushnell 6500's are great LOL. I have had 2 of both the 4.5-30x and 2.5-16x and they are OK for $4-500 dollars and no more. If they were I would still have them.

I had four of the 2 1/2-16X and know empirically the glass is not as good as the 4 1/2-30X. I got rid go them.

The glass in the 6500's is same/different than the DMR II/XRS? Apologies for my ignorance on this just trying understand as much as possible to decide on dumping VX6 hd or not. Like the G3 so trying to figure that in as well. Thanks guys.

The glass in the 6500's is same/different than the DMR II/XRS? Apologies for my ignorance on this just trying understand as much as possible to decide on dumping VX6 hd or not. Like the G3 so trying to figure that in as well. Thanks guys.

Have you compared them side by side on an optics chart? I didn't read about them I owned them.

I never had any issues with the glass on my DMR and elite tactical. I thought it was quality glass. I've never owned a leupold and I have very limited experience with a leupold MK4 which I was not impressed with. So that's not a fair comparison.

I'm not a die hard product supporter either. I got rid of them for a nightforce, but when I did have them, I enjoyed them. Im super please with SWFA HDs, and I thought the DMRs glass was very comparable.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.