Bushnell tactical elite.

oldfamily

Traded for a 3.5x21x50 mil dot 34mm tube Bushnell tactical elite scope and was wondering how one of these performs. I have never used one and any information would be helpful.

I have been using one with the H-59 reticle (about a year) and one with the G2 reticle (year and a half), they're awesome in the cold and rain, the turrets tracked very well, I haven't had any issues. I've shot a few competitions and put them through their paces, they've held up well. Best FFP scope for the price, in my opinion.

I don't have that exact scope but I do have some other elite taticals and the are fantastic scope. Tracking is flawless, glass is better than average. Very pleased with the,

How do they compare with the 6500 4 1/2-30X50? Optically? Tracking? Or anything you think of.

The DMR scopes have excellent light transmission, they're also .1 mil per click with locking turrets. I've run box tests with both of mine and they performed admirably. Being FFP, you can use the reticle to range your target at any magnification. The Horus reticles and G2 reticle also allow you to hold for wind and range instead of using the turrets, also if you need a follow up shot, you can use the reticle to adjust easily. I've used both of mine from 50 to 1k yard shots on the range and up to 450 yards (I shoot .308 Win) in the field. I followed my coworker's recommendation (he liked the one he tried, but didn't own one), and I'm glad I did. Hope this helped.

I've had the same experience as Slim, very precise tracking and tons of scope for the money. Glass is good but is not great, above the Viper PST range but less than a Razor. Good but not the best in low light like you would want in a hunting scope and looses a little on top magnification. If the glass were upgraded it would be the scope to have. Still an excellent scope for the money. I heard the internals were made by the company that makes them for Nightforce(don't know if that is true), which would make sense why they work so well.

Great info. New to the forum and joined to hopefully glean knowledge on load ideas and optics. I currently use a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR and really like it. Only hesitation on the Bushnell is I've never been able to handle one in person. Would you equate the Bushy quality to the NF?

^ no, but nightforce is top tier. The bushnells are still an excellent scope that's tough regardless how they compare to NF.

Thanks for the input. I have an NXS, and two SHV's that have been great. I'm thinking about getting rid of a Leupold vx6hd to fund a Bushnell.

Thanks for the input. I have an NXS, and two SHV's that have been great. I'm thinking about getting rid of a Leupold vx6hd to fund a Bushnell.
The Leupold VX-6HD glass is much better than Bushnell, and better than NXS, on par with ATACR 1st gen. I don't know that I would make that swap without comparing the two side by side in low light.

DMR and XRS have toughness and repeatability down. With higher end glass you're splitting hairs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.