Dream Hunt

I was tempted to say something snarky, like Democrats in California, but these are perilous times and some fool might take it seriously. So ... amend that thought. California Democrats in the Lost Continent of Atlantis. As far as we know, California Democrats have been extinct in Atlantis for some time. So it should be a nice place for a very peaceful hunting trip. There, everybody can be happy except the Endangered Species Activists, and by definition Activists can never be satisfied/happy anyway, so who cares about them?
Humor included, I will take the Elk in the Absarokas. But I'm going to need a hand packing a critter out. A drop camp with a spike or two and a few topog maps, and a couple of good mules, with a couple of months prior to get acquainted (with the mules and the country) would make for one fine and final hunt. IMHO.
(I was a Democrat for nigh on 50 years, so you'll forgive my twisted humor about them critters. A couple of months without having to listen to 'em sounds pretty good this year! I'd lots rather listen to mules and elk, the silence of the spaces and the winds in the high country.)

Last edited:
A ram in the Tarryall mountain range with Jack O'connor. I once stayed in a cabin that had been rented out to Jack back in the day and I swear I could almost feel the excitement he must have felt. I took out a spotting scope and spotted several sheep up on the slopes but it wasn't season and I really didn't know how to hunt them anyway.

I guess I'd settle for a high country mule deer. Spot and stalk for a mule deer is the most exciting hunting I've ever done and although I wasn't all that successful at it (got one so so buck) I had the time of my life and would LOVE to do it again.

btw this thred is aout a raffle to win a hunt. not about what peoples dream hunts are. but nice to know l guess what animals people want to hunt. 🤣

My dream hunt would be a 30 day horseback hunt in the Yukon for Stone sheep & Grizzly and moose. But I don't think bear hunting is legal in Canada any more.

I've hunted moose, Dall sheep, bear and caribou in Alaska when I lived there. I moved to Wy back in 1995 and have hunted elk, pronghorn, muleys and whitetail. I'd say they were all dream hunts. Now I dream of doing it all over again.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts