Dream hunt animal

I have into hunt there in Texas for ibex, and hunt in Texas or over seas it is still expensive hopefully it will be cheaper for your animals
I just did a great free range Aoudad in west Texas last year. Very much reminded me of hunting in Africa and I plan hunt in Texas again. My dream hunt would be to revisit my first morning hunting in Africa. My PH and walked up on a water hole to find three Nyala standing there. I was so entranced by the sight that I couldn't move to shoot the biggest one. That big one stares me down in my dreams to this day...

One claw from griz or crazy woman with a knife or... ? 🤔😉 A little last evening of the season N.M. Buck with the pooch 🙏

IMG_20230205_092010102.jpg
86054.jpeg
86056.jpeg
Screenshot_20230205-101113.png

Frist thing first. As of yesterday, I am officially OLD. I am now a grandfather to a beautiful little girl.

Now to the dream hunt. Years ago I had the same dreams as many here. Cape, Grizzly, Bison, Water buffalo, Ibex and so on, in all the exotic lands.

Now I hunt for meat (no longer chase the horns) and for the challenge. I want to go to hunts where I will be challenged to find the animal, track it, get close enough to take a shot. I'd like to start with the small 5 or small 10. These are "goat size" antelope, very skittish, hard to find in the grass and get a shot. Then I'll go to more challenging hunts, assuming my body is still able to climb mountains and track animals. Its not about the killing, its about the chase and the hunt.

Frist thing first. As of yesterday, I am officially OLD. I am not a grandfather to a beautiful little girl.

Not to the dream hunt. Years ago I had the same dreams as many here. Cape, Grizzly, Bison, Water buffalo, Ibex and so on, in all the exotic lands.

Now I hunt for meat (no longer chase the horns) and for the challenge. I want to go to hunts where I will be challenged to find the animal, track it, get close enough to take a shot. I'd like to start with the small 5 or small 10. These are "goat size" antelope, very skittish, hard to find in the grass and get a shot. Then I'll go to more challenging hunts, assuming my body is still able to climb mountains and track animals. Its not about the killing, its about the chase and the hunt.
Congrats on the grandbaby. I enjoy the challenging things in life it seems to feel earned when they are accomplished. Your next challenge will be to see how much you can spoil that baby.

Frist thing first. As of yesterday, I am officially OLD. I am now a grandfather to a beautiful little girl.

Now to the dream hunt. Years ago I had the same dreams as many here. Cape, Grizzly, Bison, Water buffalo, Ibex and so on, in all the exotic lands.

Now I hunt for meat (no longer chase the horns) and for the challenge. I want to go to hunts where I will be challenged to find the animal, track it, get close enough to take a shot. I'd like to start with the small 5 or small 10. These are "goat size" antelope, very skittish, hard to find in the grass and get a shot. Then I'll go to more challenging hunts, assuming my body is still able to climb mountains and track animals. It's not about the killing, its about the chase and the hunt.
Agree. I'm all about the meat never was much for trophies on the wall. Grand babies are the greatest I have 5

Dall Sheep has always been the pinnacle for me, but I'm certain it wouldn't be my favorite. Also a Tahr/Chamois combo in New Zealand. Then probably a great wilderness moose hunt or float trip. Somewhere in there, there needs to be horses involved and a float plane!