Dont feed the trolls.

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
I walked into my lgs today and they had shelves full of ammo. 6.5prc, 300 prc, 6.5cm, 223, 300bo, and on and on, all priced at regular prices. The 300prc was hornady 212 eldm for $45/ box.

I'm seeing more and more people on this forum trying to hammer their fellow members. Starve them out. The owner said he got the best shipment of ammo he'd seen in a year yesterday and believes that it is making the corner. The ammo we all want is out there. Be strong, do not pay the inflated prices. Make the guys who bought just to take advantage of people eat their greed. You can see the light, it's just around the corner..
You (and that LGS) just got lucky is all. They got their order, probably an order that was placed 10-12 months ago. Maybe 6 months + before they get more. Politics is playing a huge roll , influencing the buying public, right now. Many not so good things have been put into place since the inauguration. I see more not so good things happening in the coming weeks/months. This is just one of those threads that should be deleted. Just more whining . The LGSs I visit get things they ordered months ago. They sell out in hours of the popular things, like primers, most powders and bullets promptly. Loaded ammo stays on the shelf for awhile, then nothing for several weeks to a month, sometimes longer. Prices are up on many things, including raw materials. Winchester just announced substantial price increases on everything. This is todays reality. "Elections have consequences", and the consequences for the 2nd Amendment are in jeopardy, an people know it, so they hoard at the first opportunity. Are you paying more for gas and diesel? Most everything is delivered by truck. Someone is going to pay for the higher prices for fuel, and it won't be the trucking company. So, next you can complain about the grocery store as well as the LGS. It ain't lookin' good! We are in a spot where we may never see what we considered "normal", again.

You (and that LGS) just got lucky is all. They got their order, probably an order that was placed 10-12 months ago. Maybe 6 months + before they get more. Politics is playing a huge roll , influencing the buying public, right now. Many not so good things have been put into place since the inauguration. I see more not so good things happening in the coming weeks/months. This is just one of those threads that should be deleted. Just more whining . The LGSs I visit get things they ordered months ago. They sell out in hours of the popular things, like primers, most powders and bullets promptly. Loaded ammo stays on the shelf for awhile, then nothing for several weeks to a month, sometimes longer. Prices are up on many things, including raw materials. Winchester just announced substantial price increases on everything. This is todays reality. "Elections have consequences", and the consequences for the 2nd Amendment are in jeopardy, an people know it, so they hoard at the first opportunity. Are you paying more for gas and diesel? Most everything is delivered by truck. Someone is going to pay for the higher prices for fuel, and it won't be the trucking company. So, next you can complain about the grocery store as well as the LGS. It ain't lookin' good! We are in a spot where we may never see what we considered "normal", again.
This thread should be deleted for whining? It's exactly the opposite of that. This is good news, optimism in fact, and some folks can't stand that.

You one of the people trying to sell ammo for $90 a box in the classifieds?

That sucks. There is a shop about 30 minutes from me that had shelves full of ammo back in November. I couldn't believe it, then I saw their prices. They wanted $80+ per box for everything. I'll never darken their doorway again, and I hope they get the clap.

Better not go in there ....... anybody who has that probably also has the galloping dandruff. Those crabs can jump, and a strong one would think nothing of the standard six-foot covid separation. Don't put yourself at risk around people like those.

This thread should be deleted for whining? It's exactly the opposite of that. This is good news, optimism in fact, and some folks can't stand that.

You one of the people trying to sell ammo for $90 a box in the classifieds?
No, not me. I don't sell in the classifies. Or anywhere on-line for that matter. I just think you're fooling yourself and others thinking the ammo/powder/primer crunch is coming to an end any time soon. These people, who are now in charge, have only just begun! And, by the way, I'd appreciate it if you think you could restrain yourself from declaring and deciding "what kind I am". One sport shop with product "in-stock" isn't much of an indication that the ammo/primer/powder shortages are over.

Last edited:
No, not me. I don't sell in the classifies. Or anywhere on-line for that matter. I just think you're fooling yourself and others thinking the ammo/powder/primer crunch is coming to an end any time soon. These people, who are now in charge, have only just begun! And, by the way, I'd appreciate it if you think you could restrain yourself from declaring and deciding "what kind I am". One sport shop with product "in-stock" isn't much of an indication that the ammo/primer/powder shortages are over.
One guy with a garbage attitude isn't much of an indication either. Maybe you are a psychic though. You have one of those 900 numbers? Is that still a thing? Does it rain every day where you live?

Sportsman's Warehouse has so many empty shelves they now hold hand sanitizer and masks. I kid you not. They just gave up on the whole ammo section.
Since bass pro bought them they will probably be using that space next year for an aquarium for a bunch of fish with dead eyes..

Sportsman's Warehouse has so many empty shelves they now hold hand sanitizer and masks. I kid you not. They just gave up on the whole ammo section.
Same in west Phoenix. I had to search for a while and the ammo shelves were condensed to about 6' long and 3 rows. Very little inventory on those. No powder or primers, except some small lots of CCI primers. I'm pretty well stocked but, recreational shooting is not what I want to do with my inventory. But I did get my 3 weight fly rod rigged!
Sad times for those getting into shooting and reloading.

Local store in my area seems to bring in some stuff periodically, this was on Thursday night, 79 boxes of 300 gr 338 cal Accubond bullets, most I've ever seen on the shelf of that particular bullet, lot's of other bullets from Nosler, Barnes, Speer, Hornady , haven't seen powder or primers yet though

5A886639-D0BF-4650-970F-302A4C46BD8A.jpeg
9134A4D0-81FC-4A34-A071-E827BD751308.jpeg

Local SW here has some ammo, mostly large calibers .300 WSM, .338, .375 and a surprising amount of 26 and 28 Nosler. Some bullets, none in 6.5 though. Some dies, brass but no powder or primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.