Ballistic programs that dont agree

The question, and therefore the potential for error, is where is the data you are using to calculate DA coming from?

Is it from conditions at your exact location? Or from some weather station somewhere else?
IOS has a built in barometer and gps altitude. The DA+ APP picks up temp from a nearby station or you can enter the temp you have at your location. Density Altitude+ does not have humidity but running it last night I found that the difference between the current 35% humidity and 0 humidity was negligible for 1000 yard calculations at my location, 1300 ft AGL.

Please explain. Temp, pressure and humidity are what get you Density Altitude.
OK, I still think more dated usage of DA which is a average pressure for a given elevation and current temp which used to be a fast way to get close enough data without entering all the data, your doing the same thing everyone else does just adding a step.

"Density Altitude" IS air density with barometric pressure, temperature (main factor in air density) and - hopefully - humidity as the DA factors.

DA at say, 8,500 ft. varies with the above factors. Leaving out one of them gives a flawed reading.

Eric B.

Im going to go out shooting tomorrow to see which is closest. I have a spot to reach out to 1910 yards so we will see

Anyone care to shed some info or other findings similar like i have. This is a 225 eld out of my version of the prc.

These are the windows from my last trip out and i found out right away i had a loose scope after a 3 hour drive to the hills and no drivers to tighten it back up. So i will see tomorrow how things pan out.

Also interesting to see applied ballistics puts the 212 eld at .359g7 and the 215 hybrid at .358g7.....View attachment 151066 View attachment 151067 View attachment 151068

Any idea how to get the wind angle to be like a clock. Similar to your. Mine is only giving me degrees which can be tough. I'm running it on a iPhone but can't seem to make that switch.

Mr. Rocket,
I too can not find where to input "elevation " in the Strelok. Where is it?
In the iOS version of Strelok Pro, it is in the weather box just above the load info window on the main page.

There is the option for DA or temp, pressure, humidity.

Sorry realized I didn't state I have applied.
But I found it in the setup. Man I've been looking for it for a while and just spent enough time tonight to get it. Thanks for the strelok one I have that so also.

25CBD0FD-870D-4920-A140-AC9B2AF1FE82.png
In the iOS version of Strelok Pro, it is in the weather box just above the load info window on the main page.

There is the option for DA or temp, pressure, humidity.

It does not appear on my screen:

View attachment 151705

It does not appear on my screen:
I see what you are getting at now. Strelok Pro does not use actual elevation Above Sea Level. Many solvers don't.

Actual air density is the variable needed to make the necessary adjustments.

However, if all you know is elevation, then take 29.92inHg at sea level and subtract 1 inHg per 1,000ft elev. and you will be very close to the standard pressure for that elevation.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.