Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle?

Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle in the next 12 months?

• YES - Of course

Votes: 2,019 72.8%
  • NO - wife/girlfriend won't let me.

Votes: 755 27.2%

• Total voters
Kirby Allen should be starting on mine soon. I've read alot of good things about his work on this site......Thank You.

My other choice for a custom smith was Darrell Holland, I've been reading good things about his work since the early 90's. Just so happened that Kirby got back with me right away and I started chatting with him, so I stayed with him.

300WSM
Borden Receiver
Lilja Barrel with brake
Jewell Trigger
McMillan Stock, Pach Pad, Marble Camo
Scope to be determined

Corlanes is building my 338 lapua and should be done in a couple of months.

KMW Sentinel stock
PGW Timberwolf action
28" Krieger
jewell trigger
Nightforce scope

not getting what amost would consider a custom rifle
but I am putting together a remington sendero in 7mm
will be using a leupold vx-3 6.5x20x50 with m1 turrets and seekins 20 moa base and rings.
Rifle has had a trigger job, skim bedding ect
just waiting the scope from the custom shop.
Retiredcpo​

Yes, but right now I am in that part of the process of letting different ideas filter in and that sort of clouds my thinking, some of which came from others and some OPTIONS came from within, (I think those are the worst ones.) I have picked or donated a action, and tentatively decided the barrel maker, contour, and chambering. I have even decided to buy the reamer, because I want to also make a set of dies, and possibly rechamber another rifle at a later date. It seems like the thought process has evolved, and keeps doing so, but I guess that eventually will prove to be a well thought out peice of art. Can't wait to put it all togetherlightbulblightbulblightbulbgun)

Hell yes be a bit hard to have fun otherwise, been downunder and a complete novice to the sport of in particular long range I've got a lot of homework to do yet, even the caliber I,m after is up for discussion, I' wanting to be accurate with good knockdown on medium to large game at 800-1200m any one have a qualified opinion on what would suit?.

My first, but let's call it a semi-custom. I've been chatting on the Gunsmithing forum about a REM 788 in .308 I picked up . I'm limiting it to what I can do for the most part. It's already threaded with an older Herter's muzzle brake. Gonna swap that for a better one.

Planned upgrades

Timney trigger
Leupold scope - most of my work is with their LRT's
Richards Tac-Driver stock
Muzzle brake - since it's already threaded
Harris bipod

YES. Originally was going to use a remington platform, but financial issues and condition of "donor" action was questionable. Then decided after a lot of convincing, mostly from this website, to buy and build a "switch" barrel Savage and have not looked back! Would like to aquire a 6x47 Lapua barrel, and a 6.5-284. The base rifle is a model 12 low profile varmint. I do have a option of using a model 10fp which is also newly aquired. EGW 20moa base, Warne 30 mm rings and super sniper scope. I may have made a post previous to this one, but this one supercedes it!

Of course. Some things the ladys are better off not knowing. Am working on a 7mm built on a 8x68 cartridge.

R.J.