Do you have a Facebook account?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a Facebook account?

Is there any way LRH and its members would benefit from Facebook?

I'm 16, so almost naturaly have one. Since LRH has a great website already, I don't think there is much to gain from a Facebook page/group. Usually smaller groups or organizations make facebook groups to build up membership and guage interest before building a website.

Also, facebook is mainly younger kids, not a whole lot of guys who's be interested or have anything beneficially to say about or add to LRH.

However that's just my opinion. :)

Yes I have a Facebook page, Great way to cumunicate with family and freands

P.S. I'm 55 years old so it's not just for the younger Gen .

Since I have kids, grandkids and friends all spread out all over you bet I have a Facebook account. Facebook is what you make it. You can live on it like some people and have 500 friends, or you can use is sparingly like I do. It's a quick and easy way to see what friends and family are up to and it's an easy way to communicate with info you want a lot of people to see and read.

Facebook accounts can have links posted and every Facebook/Longrangehunting.com member that posted links to LRH would only increase our visibility. Accurateshooter.com started a Facebook account not too long ago if anyone wants to see a shooting related Facebook account.

As a mobile way of checking in on LRH it would be WAY faster than the normal phone/browser way of checking in on LRH. It wouldn't, and couldn't, replace the full blown browser experience but as a means to very quickly see what's new on LRH it might be worth a try.

Things posted on Facebook aren't there forever as they scroll off the bottom as new posts are made but pictures, videos, links etc. would be there permanently.

Younger people tend to have different types of Facebook accounts and use it differently than older users. Like I said, it is what you make it. It would just be another electronic means of putting LRH out in the public's eye. Just my $ .02 worth. :)

I hate Facebook but I had better start thinking about getting into it. I'm at the point that my friends put stuff for me on my wife's Facebook thingy instead of calling me or e-mailing. I guess I had better learn or be the old grouchy man in the corner that only communicate in growls and snarls.:D I'm in my early thirties and I am the only one of my friends that's not on Facebook, my mother is on Facebook for crying out loud!!:rolleyes:

Whenever I'm away from home and/or a computer for while I will use my phone to "check in on LRH" and see what the latest threads and posts are.

Yes I do have a Facebook account. I think Dick's description sums it up well.

On another note, how about a Blackberry App for LRH? It would sure make time sitting in the airport go faster!:)

Brian

Can you explain how that would work?

In Facebook I have developed a group of friends who share many common interests with me. These interests ran the gamut from politics and current events to hobbies such as photography and shooting. Often times one member within the group will find something that is of interest to him personally. Most often it is a page or a link on the Facebook site. This person then designates that they "Like" the particular page. When they do so, then all their other friends see that the first peron has "Liked" something and they too can look at the page of interest.
I know that if I signaled that I "Liked" a Facebook LRH page then many of my friends would also investigate the LRH page and they too in turn would "Like" the page.

Now as to what it would take to set up an LRH Facebook page, I do not know. However if there were such a page, I know I would definitely "Like" it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.