Do you have a Facebook account?

I hate Facebook but I had better start thinking about getting into it. I'm at the point that my friends put stuff for me on my wife's Facebook thingy instead of calling me or e-mailing. I guess I had better learn or be the old grouchy man in the corner that only communicate in growls and snarls.:D I'm in my early thirties and I am the only one of my friends that's not on Facebook, my mother is on Facebook for crying out loud!!:rolleyes:

Bigngreen, buddy you arent alone! WE are the last of our dying breed.
I do not have a Facebook page, or e-mail (I used my wifes e-mail to sign up for L/R/H:D).
L/R/H is the only site I frequent, and it is the only place I want to frequent. Ive looked at other sites and have little to say in the way of good things about them. So I just avoid the computer most of the time unless I want to look up Nosler, or Hogden for load info, or maybe Cabelas bargain cave.

I grew up chasin cows and working on ranches. I have very little use for computers except for this place. And I like it that way. I dont even answer most text messages because I figure if somebody wanted me bad enough they would call or come over and talk in person. Texting seems rude to me.
I'd rather be left alone and not bother with all the latest ''soup''. But ya most all the folks I know have a Facebook thingy.
Im kickin and screaming into the 21st century!....and Im only 34yrs old as of tomorrow! Guess that makes me the antisocial-odd duck, but that sure doesnt fit my personality. I can strike up a friendly conversation anywhere, and frequently do. I just dont cotton to electronic gizmo's, gadgets, and places to do it.... (L/R/H being the exception)
So No, I dont have a facebook, and No, I dont plan to either.

wife started an account for her and then one for me and I do look at it about once a week. Nice to see what old and new friends are up to.

Yes I have a facebook account.
But I dont think we as a long range hunting community should be opened to all the info and gozzip that facebook has. Personally I wouldnt like it if this great website gets hooked up with facebook.

Bigngreen, buddy you arent alone! WE are the last of our dying breed.
I do not have a Facebook page, or e-mail (I used my wifes e-mail to sign up for L/R/H:D).
L/R/H is the only site I frequent, and it is the only place I want to frequent. Ive looked at other sites and have little to say in the way of good things about them. So I just avoid the computer most of the time unless I want to look up Nosler, or Hogden for load info, or maybe Cabelas bargain cave.

I grew up chasin cows and working on ranches. I have very little use for computers except for this place. And I like it that way. I dont even answer most text messages because I figure if somebody wanted me bad enough they would call or come over and talk in person. Texting seems rude to me.
I'd rather be left alone and not bother with all the latest ''soup''. But ya most all the folks I know have a Facebook thingy.
Im kickin and screaming into the 21st century!....and Im only 34yrs old as of tomorrow! Guess that makes me the antisocial-odd duck, but that sure doesnt fit my personality. I can strike up a friendly conversation anywhere, and frequently do. I just dont cotton to electronic gizmo's, gadgets, and places to do it.... (L/R/H being the exception)
So No, I dont have a facebook, and No, I dont plan to either.

Winmag,

you're getting old faster than fast!!! You need a chill pill friend. You're worst than
me.

Texting seems rude to me

Ha, ha, ha,.... That's good I like that... I'm finally getting into text messaging, I even got to learn what SMS and MMS stand for and their differences. You better
quit that attitude or you're gonna be one rude, grouchy grandpa!!! :D

Goodness you're only 34!!! I used to fight with my kids because of texting all the time, now I challenge them who can do it faster... I got sick of fighting them... :D

I don't have a Facebook account. If my children were grown, and lived away I would for sure have one, but right now all a Facebook page would do for me is keep me in trouble with my GF.

I can see how different people can view the "electronic age" differently. If a person has never used a computer much, if at all, then a lot of what some people embrace now would seem like useless junk and would be frowned on.

I was into electronics before home computers became available. I had the first Model 1 that Radio Shack came out with and have never looked back. I was into pre-cell phones before they were available by using what amounted to large hand held units that functioned via a repeater on a ridge outside of town and only worked locally.

Before I retired I purchased and installed million dollar computerized systems in an industrial environment, had 2 laptops and 3 desktop PCs in my office, carried a PDA, Cell phone and just about anything else that was available and had a mobile phone in my truck in addition to the rest of them. I guess if you grew up with the beginnings of this current electronic age then it might be a little easier and feel more comfortable but I can also tell you that if you have kids, or grandkids, and don't get on the electronic bandwagon then you will find that things aren't like they used to be and for some, that may be too late. :)

What is now considered rude by some is considered to be THE way to communicate and yes, the times they are a changin. If my kids and grandkids consider texting to be their preferred method of communication then guess what, I've got unlimited texting so I'm always in touch with them. The phone calls are still there so I look at it as getting texts in addition to the phone calls.

The electronic age of communications is something that we all should get comfortable with, at least to a certain degree. We no longer pick up the phone and listen to see if anyone is on the party line before we dial a phone number that would look foreign to young people now. :rolleyes:

Yes, FB has allowed me to find a lot of my friends from my Army days as well as keep in touch with family, friends, and coworkers. It couldn't hurt to have the extra exposure for LRH

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.