Do you clean your brass?

I tried that once and it put me under šŸ˜Š
Good friend of mine is a cabinet maker. He helped me put Formica on some counter tops, and when he opened the contact cement he said, favorite part of my job. I thought it was a joke until I walked outside and the fresh air hit me after a few hours installing the countertop. I didn't sleep a wink that night, he's crazy!!!

Pistol brass, most of the time yes, rifle not as much, unless it's going to be long-term storage for down-the-road usage, or if for some reason it's really bad, like range pickup brass. Cheers.

when I first started reloading way back in 1970, I did not clean my brass. I didn't like dirty brass and it always felt like it dragged going through the sizing die. About 1976 I got a Thumlers Model B rotary tumbler and I still use it. I also have a vibratory tumbler I use to pre clean really dirty brass.
So is it necessary? No. but I do it anyway cause I like pretty ammo

when I first started reloading way back in 1970, I did not clean my brass. I didn't like dirty brass and it always felt like it dragged going through the sizing die. About 1976 I got a Thumlers Model B rotary tumbler and I still use it. I also have a vibratory tumbler I use to pre clean really dirty brass.
So is it necessary? No. but I do it anyway cause I like pretty ammo
Wish I would have bought a Thumlers, I'm on number I don't know how many vibratory tumblers.

Wish I would have bought a Thumlers, I'm on number I don't know how many vibratory tumblers.
Thumlers are the best and well worth what they cost. I had to replace the motor on mine after 42 years when it siezed up on me due to improper lubricant of all things. I figure I'm good till I cross the finish line..
And Yeah, I use the vibratory tumblers infrequently and I'm on my 3rd one in less than 10 years!

I was just watching an interview with a long range shooter and he claimed that he doesn't clean his brass. Most of the time I clean mine because I was told I had to. Do all of you clean your brass before you reload it?
Yep use a sonicator with some Hornady cleaner. I like to clean the burn't powder off of them inside and out and dirt if they hit the ground.

I always disliked using the tumbler and the dust it creates, only cleaned if the brass was really dirty. I would clean the primer pockets and load em up.

But the ultrasonic is so easy. I deprime, toss em in the ultrasonic for 20 min then put them on a cooking sheet in the oven at 170* for 20 min, dries em right out.

Rifle brass, pistol brass, everything.

I put the brass and cleaning solution in a glass beaker, then into the ultrasonic tank of plain water. Works great, and no cleaning of the ultrasonic tank because it only ever has clean water in it.

I was just watching an interview with a long range shooter and he claimed that he doesn't clean his brass. Most of the time I clean mine because I was told I had to. Do all of you clean your brass before you reload it?
I always clean my brass because the "Sheldon Cooper" in me likes it shiny:)! 'Prolly doesn't do much for accuracy, but I like shiny brass and I can see any defects easier that way. I dump my brass in the Lyman vibrating tumbler, (30 seconds), fill with crushed walnut media (30 seconds), toss in a tablespoon of brasso (30 seconds, and yes, I'm fully aware of the pros and cons of adding brasso), turn on the tumbler and walk away. I usually let the tumbler run overnight just because, but it'll polish like crazy in about four hours. The longest step is then dumping the tumbling media out of the cases...that takes about five--seven minutes. So, there is a total of about 10ish minutes of my time involved in polishing my brass. I'm OK with that for shiny, shiny:)!