Do you clean your brass?

Only if it has actual dirt on it, like shooting in the rain and picking it out of the mud.

If it just fell onto grass/forest floor whatever no I don't

I quit doing probably 50% of what I was told or thought I had to do reloading and spend that time making more ammo :)

Only if it has actual dirt on it, like shooting in the rain and picking it out of the mud.

If it just fell onto grass/forest floor whatever no I don't

I quit doing probably 50% of what I was told or thought I had to do reloading and spend that time making more ammo :)

Thank you!

I saw someone wrote reloading voodoo on a previous thread here or somewhere else, it's kind of like barrel break in. Everyone has their own ideas including barrel manufacturers, and they're all different, but if what you're doing is working why fix it. Don't get me wrong I'm old and I'm still learning new and good stuff, and if I'm totally honest I might not do everything exactly the same way every time, but if you're making accurate loads unless you are a competitive shooter it might not be making that big a deal in the long run. Dies last a long time unless you are loading thousands upon thousands of rounds per month. I've got dies I know are pushing forty years old, and I have never worn out a set. Scratched some up running gritty brass through them, that's why I clean brass now, but they still make accurate loads for what I do. I am more careful with the stuff I'm trying to hit targets a long way off. When I say careful, I am not talking safety, I try to be extremely safe with everything, 50,000 plus pressure is more than considerable, it can be deadly.

There is no way I'm going even neck size dirty brass. Depends on the rifle how well it gets cleaned but it is going to be clean going into my dies. Period.

Most times I use steel pins and BoreTech liquid brass cleaner. Cleans the cases inside and out, including primer pockets. Brass comes put looking like new, which I like. Has no effect I can see on brass life.

Funny thing when I had a commercial reloading operation I never bothered cleaning primer pockets and never had a problem. Honestly, I'm not sure where the obsession with clean primer pockets came from but it's there now and I don't fight it!

That's the way I do it and the way I recommend to anyone who asks me. You can do your brass your way and I won't lose a wink of sleep over it if it's different than what I do!
Cheers,
crkckr