Do you clean your brass?

The video put out by Backfire TV on YouTube and it was Erik Cortina. Interesting video if no one has checked it out it is worth the time
Don't forget Eric is sponsored. He gets free brass when he needs it. From Lapua. The rest of us earthlings have to conserve our brass carefully. I don't have an open budget.

^^^this.....it seems to me now that I tumble...that if a person is going to clean their brass....it should be the first step...why run dirty brass thru a sizing die and contaminate it.....just me!
I saw a dent in a couple of my shoulders last week As I was reloading after practice for a match the next day. I thought lube dent? That's a rookie mistake and I never overdo case lube. I looked inside the die and found what looked like pocket lint. Then I remembered dropping a case on the ground during practice. I picked up and put it in my pocket rather than back into the box. How it got from inside to outside I'll never know, but the lube held it in place. Sticky residue can attract bad things even if you're running clean brass. Don't forget to spray out your sizing dies before each use too. I usually use cleaner lube spray but ran out.

^^^this.....it seems to me now that I tumble...that if a person is going to clean their brass....it should be the first step...why run dirty brass thru a sizing die and contaminate it.....just me!

Contaminate?

Huh. I guess I'm the odd ball here. I tumble in wet SS media every time. I do shoot auto loaders quite a bit and find cases gets dirty pretty easy and I'd like to keep my dies rolling as long as possible and maintain reliable feeding. No big deal to throw in my mag cases with my smaller auto loaders. As far as a "waste of time" goes, I have a busy life and find other things to do while my loads tumble for 2-3 hours and sit in my low temp electric smoker (no smoke added of course) for an hour drying. I plan accordingly.
I also don't compete or try to whack animals at 1400 yards. So, my process works for my elementary shooting/hunting in the 600 to 800 yard range.