Devin's new 338 EDGE

Re: Devin\'s new 338 EDGE

300 gr SMK, 93.0 GR H1000, CCI 250, Rem brass, 3.775" OAL. This is about the top of the teeth for preasure, velocity runs about 2850 fps.

Shawn,

Im wondering if you could contact me with pricing info to build a 338 EDGE.

Dont know if i could get it rollin' right away. i just need to know what im lookin' at spending.

Thanks. John

[ QUOTE ]
300 gr SMK, 93.0 GR H1000, CCI 250, Rem brass, 3.775" OAL. This is about the top of the teeth for preasure, velocity runs about 2850 fps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the details it looks like that load is a performer. Good Shooting and great work on the rifle.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Well, I just picked up my new EDGE and have to say it is a lot better than the picture shows! I'm very impressed with Shawn's work. He took the stock off and showed me the bedding job he did and it was just amazing! I thought it look a lot better than some of these other big name custom shops. The trigger was also very nice. It's just the Remington stock trigger, but Shawn lightened it up for me and it feels very smooth and crisp. I've always heard that a Remington could be a good trigger when the right gunsmith works on it, now I know its true.

Shawn was a very nice guy. He took time to answer my questions on reloading for the EDGE and we had some pleasant conversations about our families and other interests. I was very impressed with his shop. It was nice and clean and very well organized. He also had an impressive trophy collection!

I'm still on vacation with my family, but hope to get out later this week and shoot the rifle. I'll post again on my results. I have no doubts they'll be very favorable.

Anyway, thanks again Shawn!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts