Brandon's new 338 Edge

Re: Brandon\'s new 338 Edge (More pics posted)

Looks great Brandon!

Now lets see some targets! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow, Looks great. Where did you get that cool muzzle brake? How well does it work (the MB)?
For lazy folks, I embedded the pic's here.

1036DSC00771-med.jpg

1036DSC00772-med.jpg

-
1036DSC00769-med.jpg

-
1036DSC00770-med.jpg

B1g_Bore,

The muzzle brake was built by Shawn Carlock of Defensive Edge. Im not sure how well the brake works as I have not had a chance to shoot this rifle yet, when I do I will let you know.

Thanks,
lv2hunt

Thank you all for your kind comments. I finally got out to the range today and I must say Shawn builds one awesome rifle. The rifle worked flawlessly and the groups were good; I was able to consistantly print 2.0" groups at 300 yards. Next time I will attempt much further distances, I was just getting comfortable with it today.
The load I used was Rem. brass, CCI-250 Mag primers, 92-grains H-1000, and 300-grain SMK.

One other thing to comment on is the recoil with Shawn's brake and the 14 lb. weight of the rifle it "kicks" very little, I would say the "kick" is less than my sporter 30-06. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lv2hunt

That's great!

I would have to agree with your observations on the recoil. My EDGE feel like slightly more than a .308 but a lot less than .30-06.

Devin

Brandon, Awesome looking rig!!!!!! Have fun testing her, I am sure she well group well.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts