My new 338 edge

yama49

Well i thought i would make my first post here,with my new 338 EDGE. I had it built by defensive edge inc. here are some of the specs. thx to shawn, great to deal with.:D

rem 700 squared trued etc,,
DE brake
DE cheek piece
DE level aci mount
DE recoil lug
NF ul rings 1.125"
NF 40 moa base
NF 5.5x22x56 npr1
harris bipod w/pod loc
wyatts box
butler creek sling and scope covers
jewel trigger 2#
hart fluted 30"sendero barell
hs precision stock
13 #,1 oz ready to go.

heres a few pics ( dont know why one is smaller than the other)

IMG_4993.jpg
5 shot group 100 yards/.527 center to center
( it will do better but that is as good as i can get right now )
93g h-1000
300 smk
cci 250 primers
virgin brass
havent played with any seating depths( figured get good, then experiment)
bi pod and rear bag

IMG_4990.jpg

need to get out and go deep, that thing called work is getting in the way, and the shorter days are not helping.

jason

Last edited:
Congrats Jason, very nice!

Do you know, or maybe someone else can answer, when you say "sedero barrel", is that considered to be a #5 barrel, or does sendero refer to the contour? Or is it just the same dimensions as a regular sendero barrel, just that it happens to be 30" long chambered in 338 Edge??

Thanks fellas!

Nice rifle, I too am having one built shortly, just waiting on the Broughton 5C barrel then I can get started. Mine will look pretty much like your rifle.

I believe contours are not identical between manufacturers so you need to check dimensions. Mine Broughton barell is know as 5.75 Heavy varmint and is pretty close to sendero taper.

Rgds, Steve

i beleive its the sendero taper, left that part up to shawn. i just knew some of the parts i wanted, and he filled in the rest with the parts he recommends.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.