Brandon's new 338 Edge

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Brandon\'s new 338 Edge

WELLER338EDGE.JPG

Here is a picture of Brandon's 338 Edge.
28" Krieger fluted barrel
Win 70 PF action
Wyatt,s box mag
William's bottom metal
DE brake
Leupold rings
Badger base 20 moa
Laminated thumbhole stock
Black teflon finish
Harris bipod
Spirial fluted bolt
Badger bolt knob
Sped lock firing pin kit
Timney trigger
leupold 4.5-14 V III

Re: Brandon\'s new 338 Edge

Shawn,

It looks great! Can't wait to get some range time with it.
Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sweet as always, how bout those Win M70 receivers!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is that an elk ridge stock? If so what did you think of it and the companies survice?

I will not comment as I have nothing good to say about Elk Ridge.

Nice looking rifle.

We keep pumping all these rifles out for customers, ya think we will get our rifles built by November!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Fiftydriver,

The stock is from Richard's Microfit in CA. I would not reccomend them. The stock was very crude in it's unfinished form and took countless hours of sanding and finish work to get the satin oil finish to look right.

The rifle did however come out exactly as I wanted and I would do it all over again.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Man oh man that is fine !

I love the teflon coatings ,the olive drab look is my favorite ,maybe black now. Mike

Shawn,
Another top-knotch rig! I have a deal with my wife that if I make rank this year I'll have to purchase one of those fine rifles from you for a present to myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Congrats Brandon I am very jealous.
Brandon (D)

Good looking rifle, are those Krieger barrels really good barrels?I have a friend near here that uses them exclusively...

Shawn,

Very nice!

Brandon, congratulations on your new rifle. Let us know how she shoots.

JD338

S2,

I don't use many Krieger barrels, but I've always had good results with the ones I have used. I have my own preferences but will use most top quality barrels at the customers request.

Sniper2,

My interest for the Krieger barrels got perked up when I went to a local benchrest competition and found that over half of the shooters at the event were using them. I researched most of the top end barrels before choosing my barrel; the main reason I ended up going with Krieger is because of the manufacturing process they use. As Im sure your familiar with, most barrels are cut with a button which removes a good bit of material with each pass, thus stressing the barrel which must be relieved. With Krieger they use single point cut rifling removing no more than .0001 inch or a hundred millionth of an inch with each pass thus creating less stress during the machining process or so they say, we will see how it is overtime in real world hunting conditions.

I must say that Krieger's customer service is second to none, very knowledgable and patient.

Hope this helps

Brandon,

Very nice! Shawn does awesome work, doesn't he!

Let us know how it shoots. I just picked mine up on Monday and will have to say it looks a lot better in person than it did in the photos.

Devin

Re: Brandon\'s new 338 Edge (More pics posted)

I received my new EDGE from Shawn yesterday and wanted to say that Shawn's work is flawless, his attention to detail is second to none. I am very happy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have posted a few more pictures of it and will post groups after I get some range time with it. I was happy to find out that the overall weight came in at just a shade under 14 lbs, well under our Idaho weight restriction.

lv2hunt
AKA: Brandon Weller

http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/007317
http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/007318
http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/007320
http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/007319

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts