Defensive Edge - Send It Vol 1 DVD now available

Steve,
Some things just won't make the 2 hr cut etc but if a % of people want to see some "stupid distance" practice shooting or something else I'm all over it.

I'm all for this "stupid distance" stuff you speak of:D I know you probably have some stuff you could throw up on YouTube that didn't make the video? Heck, TMR and I would make a trip over to help out with some new stuff if you wantlightbulb

Shawn, Thanks for getting the video out to me as fast as you did. I found it to be informative and very truthful, please keep up the good work. PS I'll be ordering another Edge soon. Paul:)

Shawn,

Would just like to echo what most everyone has said here. Great video that wasn't "dressed up" to make it look like you guys are perfect all the time. I too winced when JR missed that wolf. I think I would have about cried on that one. And I'm up for any "stupid far" shooting you guys can dream up :D. Even if it's just plate. One thing I would like to see, especially on the ludicrously far stuff, is where the shots impacted. If you left a (protected) camera up somewhat close to the target or just when you went to retrieve the plate, it would be interesting to see where the hits landed, and what grouping there was, this shot went here because of wind, etc. But go ahead and put me on pre-order for the next in the series. :cool:

Shawn,

Great "real hunting boys" video. I was excited when the mailman showed up 2 days after ordering. And after watching it, we were so fired up that had it not been dark we would have been out "sending it". Thanks for the video and keep up the great work. Blaine Carver

Shawn,
I enjoyed your video. Watched it the same day I received it. I liked how you intermingled the practice shots with the hunting footage. Also enjoyed some of the commentary from the people in the vidoe. I enjoyed watching the young lad shoot his deer at 500+ yards, with his father there. Well spoken young man too.
One thing I took away from this video is that you don't need to be in a rushed state of mind when hunting long range. I would enjoy more commentary on what your thought process is as you are setting up to shoot, what check list items you go thru before you take a shot, ect. You could comment on this after the hunting footage on your next video. Not asking you to give away trade secrets that you teach in your shooting classes, but alittle imformation on what you were thinking and what was important to focus on for that particular hunt would be interesting to here.
Again, enjoyed watching the video.

I am pretty new here but cannot say enough good about this guy. Class act all the way. I don't care if your talking on the phone, e-mailing, readind an article or watching a video...it is always something I look forward too. Shawn cannot make videos fast enough for me!

I for one would like to see a video by Shawn about reloading and fine tuning Ebal to a specific load for the longrange shot. Keep up the good work! gun)

I have been kicking around the idea of making a LRH series of 4 DVD's to be purchased as a package or individualy. They would cover:

1. Guns, Calibers, Optics, Rings & Bases
2. Reloading
3. Ballistic Program Tuning & Application
4. Condition Reading & Practice

Is this something a few people would be interested in? It would be alot of work but I would dive into it if I thought there was a reasonable amount of interest. It would be some time before it could be completed. I would probably start with the reloading volume?

after reading kirby allens commentary, i will be ordering shawns video.

ive been hunting long range in pa. since the late 60s. starting with very basic gear, and progressing to specialized equiptment.

i will admitt to being opinionated on the subject.
its rare we hear complete honesty as to what happens, and can happen.
we only see and hear the bragging rights stuff.
after reading some of the post on this and other sites, i sometimes wonder if ive gotten lost somewhere.
has the world really passed me by that far.
post and articles by people like kirby, shawn and a few others, reassure me not much has changed.
im looking foward to the video.

I would be very interested in that idea. Im sure some the material would have been covered in your first video, put more detail on the ballistic programs, and reading conditions and how to effectively practice would be welcomed. Also discussing calibers and what there effective ranges with different weight bullets and speeds would be interesting also.

On the # 1 DVD, I was thinking instead of a what is available theme, having more like a how to set up your bolt rifle, install a scope, proper rifle fitting (Len will be putting up an article about that I wrote soon), lapping rings, tunning a factory barrel, bedding issues, worth while modifications, putting together a custom package, how brakes work and why you want one and that kind of stuff.

Yep, that sounds good Shawn, it would be interesting to see on Video how and why some of that stuff is done.

On the home front, work has officially started on my 338 EDGE, action truing, apparently a very wonky Remington action but will be fine after truing.

Rgds, Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.