but, one question

in the section equipment, the lazer thermo (extel?),

it's for what?

you anneling your case?

I don't saw anython for this suject

maybe it' too late...I sleep

thk u

Last edited:
Shawn, Could you explain to us (probably have done so before...feeble memories) why you use the Davidson comparator vs. others? Is the taper different in some way resulting in a more accurate measurement, say, over the Stony Point version?

The Davidson unit has a 1 degree taper just like a throat usually has. Most of the other units are straight cut and tendbto mark the bullet and give a less accurate reading given unequal measuring pressure.

The Davidson unit has a 1 degree taper just like a throat usually has. Most of the other units are straight cut and tendbto mark the bullet and give a less accurate reading given unequal measuring pressure.

Thanks, Shawn.

Edit: Ordered from Sinclair for $15 each. I've now have two Sinclair comparators, two Stony Point comparators and finally, two Davidson comparators--woulda been a lot cheaper and likely more accurate to just get the Davidsons to begin with...but did not know about Davidson 6-7 years ago when I first bought the Sinclair comparators...live and learn.

Link: http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/sid=66119/pid=33236/Product/DAVIDSON_SEATING_DEPTH_CHECKERS_338_CA

Last edited:
Just finished watching the video. Very informative. I wish I had this when I started reloading for my EDGE. I highly recommend this for anyone who is just getting started with long range reloading.

Also, great shot Bob. I can't wait to drop my first animal at long range with my EDGE.

Viewed the new video on LRH reloading by Shawn. I have been loading for 10 years and this video really gave me some very helpful advise on reloading, I recommend it!

I also like his father, Bob's shot on a bull Elk at the end, nice touch. I can't wait for your next one!

Shawn,

I don't recall you saying what weight and bearing surface measurements you sort the 300SMKs into.

So, what do you sort to for weight and bearing surface? .001" + or - .001" and .1g, or what and why?

Jon

Hey Shawn, just out of curiosity I am wondering if you are going to be offering your how-to videos in a package deal? I would like to get them in a set.

Shawn,

thanks for the video!! it is very informative. I have been reloading for years and I still learned a lot in your video, and what an awsome shot on that bull elk Bob. very good and cannot wait till Send It 3 comes out.

thanks again for the video

Shawn,

I got both videos, Send It V II and the reloading one. Excellent work, just
getting better and better.

The only thing that was not right in both videos, was................. Ok I'll tell
you, it was the left handed shooter!!!! Got you! :) :) :D

I liked them a lot!

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.