Defensive Edge - Send It Vol 1 DVD now available

Put me down for all 4 but definitely come out with the reloading one first. Ordered my video yesterday and can't wait to see it.

Please anyone tells me, where is the downloadable order form Shawn mentioned on the Defensive Edge homepage?

I have been kicking around the idea of making a LRH series of 4 DVD's to be purchased as a package or individualy. They would cover:

1. Guns, Calibers, Optics, Rings & Bases
2. Reloading
3. Ballistic Program Tuning & Application
4. Condition Reading & Practice

Is this something a few people would be interested in? It would be alot of work but I would dive into it if I thought there was a reasonable amount of interest. It would be some time before it could be completed. I would probably start with the reloading volume?

Only you know how successful your 1st Video was, but I would sure think there is a demand for a series of your 4 DVD's.

Being new to this whole longrange game, I can tell you that even if you have a custom rifle in hand...figuring out the right way to reload, figuring dope, learning Exbal, reading wind, etc, etc. That new rifle is pretty useless to a nimrod like myself without the complete understanding of what is takes to put it all together. For me anyway, seeing with my own to eyes builds a lot of confidence. My .01 worth.

Ray

Is this something a few people would be interested in? It would be alot of work but I would dive into it if I thought there was a reasonable amount of interest. It would be some time before it could be completed. I would probably start with the reloading volume?
Absolutely interested. I agree, start with the reloading volume first :D

Shawn, My dad and I stopped by your shop this morning to pick up the video, and had the pleasure of meeting your dad. He gave us all the details of the last hunt on the video so now cant wait to throw it in the machine and give it a watch!

I just wanted to add to the discussion Re: future videos. I would really like to see a section on gun maintenace, cleaning etc. When to do it, how often, proper use of bore guides, supplies used etc. by the way, put me down for the videos already mentioned as well!

The only other thing I would like to see you do is set up an automatic check deposit system. just give me back whats left at then end of each month!

I enjoyed the video. Shawn sent it out on Monday and I had it promptly by Wed. I wouldn't mind seeing some kills on local mule deer and elk.
If Shawn puts out some more vids I would be interested. gun)

I would agree with everyones opinion on the 2,3,4 thing.
Putting all of the info gained from this site can be pretty intimidating, especially when LR handicapped living in Indiana. To be able to watch the whole process, in detail and put into action would be priceless.

Just not too highpriceless okay:)

Grin

I too, would be interested in a 4 series set. I tell everybody I run into that shoots long range that they need to get the first video. Can't wait to get the new video. I am sure it will be every bit as good as the first.

yep the box set would be a great idea and dont forget to include alot of kill shots and follow-up slo-motion [some of us are fascinated with the impact and splatter affect] how the animal reacts an what happens after the shot , what the shooter says and his reaction,,,,, sounds like cool stuff:cool:

Just thought I would give Shawn a bump on the Send It DVD. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and have watched it a few times already.

Shawn,

The DVD was great. I will be looking forward to any future videos; the box set sounds like a good idea.

I thought the text info that appeared at the front of each clip was a good feature and the segments where you and J R discuss the shot situation were also great.

I think it would nice to see some video of the gun being shot in each scene.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.