CZ USA 550 Magnum HET 338 Lapua

7rem1350

I recently picked up a CZ HET in 338 Lapua. Looking to see if anyone out there has any experience with one of these rifles. Bullets/loads/ect. I will be using it for mostly target shooting, but I would also like to put together a good load for elk and bear.

I don't have the 550 but I will tell you that of all the CZ's I have Had ALL of them shot as well as any Custom Rifle.................I'm a Varmint Hunter and have a 17 Hornet, 17 Remington, and the 221 FB..........ALL shoot under .5 Plus the added bonus of an excellent Trigger that is very user friendly.

having trouble zeroing my cz 550 in .338 lapua magnum any help out there? been to range a number of times just can't get it done

I recently picked up a CZ HET in 338 Lapua. Looking to see if anyone out there has any experience with one of these rifles. Bullets/loads/ect. I will be using it for mostly target shooting, but I would also like to put together a good load for elk and bear.

The one important bit of information to pay close attention to is the twist rate; it's 1:14" which is pretty slow for the Lapua. This probably contributed to it being discontinued in 2013...

I was using the Speer 210 gr. BTSP with this twist rate. You can use slightly longer bullets but you will lose BC. Shooting them in will give you a good idea of performance. You can also use Berger's Stability Calculator:

https://bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/

For what were reasonable prices, the CZ550 was a brick outhouse design using the control round feeding of the Mauser design. They were a pinch more complicated to assemble when completely stripped down but a once through made everything clear. We were able to buy directly from CZ with a short road trip to pick up either actions or complete rifles.

Enjoy!

:)

having trouble zeroing my cz 550 in .338 lapua magnum any help out there? been to range a number of times just can't get it done
Hard to diagnose this over the internet, especially with such little info. What's your setup and what ammo are you using? How many rounds are you firing in a group, how does it group at that range?