New 338 Lapua Magnum

WyoElk2Hunt

Just recieved my new McMillan 338 Lapua EOL LRH rifle and attended the 2 day class in Phoenix put on by McMillan when you purchase one of there rifles. This was the best thing that could happen for me and learn how to use the SYSTEM setup. Bob Beck with Extreme Outer Limits and several Ex Military snipers were the instructors. We learned about the rifle and how to use the scope (Nightforse NXS 5.5-22x56 with level and ADI). We (16 people) shot medal targets from 350 + yards to 1830 Yards (longest target). It was a lot of one on one instructor help and was fantastic. I highly recommend this class and gun if you are thinking about it.

Attachments

• 338 Lapua Mag Nightforse scope.jpg
    338 Lapua Mag Nightforse scope.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 338 Lapua Mag.jpg
    338 Lapua Mag.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 338 EOL LRH.jpg
    338 EOL LRH.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
great looking rifle i will be building my 338lm this friday and the first day i finally get some cool weather down hear in South Texas i am going to take it out to about 2400 yds and try and figure out a bc for terminal velocity on my berger hybrid otm 30gun)0gr,

Congrats on the awesome rifle and the class. I saw on Facebook Bob Beck's post about the successful class. I bet that was a lot of fun and a great learning environment.
You can call me really jealous.
Keep us posted with some good pictures on what it lays down this season!

Few more pictures will shoot all my game this year with my new rifle maybe overkill on deer and antelope just have to wait and see what permits I get this year.

Attachments

• 338 EOL LRH.jpg
    338 EOL LRH.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Lapua 338 EOL LRH.jpg
    Lapua 338 EOL LRH.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 19
  • McMillan shooting class.jpg
    McMillan shooting class.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 17
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.