Discussion in 'Product Reviews - Discussion' started by ADMIN, Feb 14, 2014.

Custom Turret Systems Review

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Custom Turret Systems Review, By Justin Hyer. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

2. Bob the nailer

Bob the nailer Well-Known Member

I purchased labels for two of my varmint/target rifles this winter. The web site is awesome for custom work along with various colors for numbers, back ground, ect... I ordered the gloss finish and also placed an " asterisk " at the point blank range elevation this makes hunting shots super quick with out any turrent clicks.

Great product and fast delivery!

3. 270 Sender0

270 Sender0 Well-Known Member

I liked the article and will check the web page out.gun)

4. bruce_ventura

bruce_ventura Well-Known Member

Justin,

Thank you for a well written article. You pointed out some creative uses of elevation turret labels. There are applications to windage and side focus knobs as well. I think the applications are endless. I've done a little testing and agree with you that the CTS labels are quite durable.

CTS now has a ballistic calculator in the CTS label builder. The bullet drops matched my ballistic calculator (based on JBM) for the loads that I checked. That's convenient for people who don't regularly use a specific ballistic calculator.

What I like about CTS labels is that the label builder software is so easy to use. It takes about an hour to create a label from scratch. The end result is a great looking turret at a price that anyone can afford. Then if you move the scope to a different rifle, change loads, or go from 1,000 ft to 9,000 ft elevation, the cost of a new set of labels is only $25.

I've read several posts by people who have developed their own turret label making techniques. People have been using white label paper and a Sharpie for years. While it's certainly possible to design a label using general-purpose graphics software, that's a time-consuming process. Getting a label to wrap around the turret and be accurate from one end to the other would take a lot of trial end error. The CTS software does all of that for you.

5. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you have liked the article. I had a lot of fun writing it :)

6. Woody26

Woody26 Well-Known Member

Great article! I might just have to give them a try. I dont see how you could go wrong for $25.

7. Browninglover1

Honestly for $25 they are a no brainer. Just make sure to follow the instructions on his website and you will be a happy customer.

8. Hunter66654

Hunter66654 Well-Known Member

The reviewer said to email or call the company if you had comments on labels that you would like. If there is a phone number on their web site I can not find it. I have sent them 2 emails several days ago and have not heard back from them.

9. Browninglover1

Sometimes it takes them a day or two to respond to emails. I thought they had a number listed on their site but they don't :( I imagine you'll hear back from them shortly and they'll set up a call if they need to.

10. Hunter66654

Hunter66654 Well-Known Member

My 2 emails were sent on 3/7/2014.

11. Browninglover1

Maybe Dan is on vacation. He's the only employee so if he's gone there's nobody else to respond. Since it's been a week since you sent your last email it might not hurt to send another one.

12. huntclose

huntclose Member

Got one of these and could not be more impressed ...........However cant get answers on several more that I need help with. A phone number for help would increase business if Dan wants it.

Just my opinion. lightbulblightbulblightbulb

13. Woody26

Just got my label finished and ordered. Can't wait to try it out gun)

14. Woody26

Well got my label in the mail today. Mounted it up in about 5 minutes and headed out to the range. Got a quick range of 771 yards, dialed to 775 and let one fly..... "DONG". I was tickled pink! Great product!