Custom Ruger 10/22 Build, Need Advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
I have a factory 10/22T.
The problem is not making it accurate.
The biggest problem is finding a good quality .22rf ammunition.
I get very good accuracy with green tag, Eley etc. etc.
Enjoy building Your electric rifle. The rats around here hate them, just for a short while though.

Troy sport chassis, timney trigger group, Tac Sol barrel, Liberty Essence can, Magpul miad grip, Weaver scope 3x9. Cerakoted by me.
Shoots golf balls at 200 yards. big fun and great training.

Look into some of the Tactical solutions or Kidd products. cant go wrong. also look on rimfire central

Troy sport chassis, timney trigger group, Tac Sol barrel, Liberty Essence can, Magpul miad grip, Weaver scope 3x9. Cerakoted by me.
Shoots golf balls at 200 yards. big fun and great training.

Look into some of the Tactical solutions or Kidd products. cant go wrong. also look on rimfire central

Thanks for sharing. Your .22 looks awesome.

Finally had some time to get list together: started with new RUGER receiver, Clark bull barrel, Kidd 2 stage trigger, Bushnell 6x18x50 scope with tactical rings,Boyd Barracuda stock. Sent receiver and barrel to Conecticut Precision Chambering, had barrel and receiver threaded to eliminate V block, barrel extractor groove recut, cut new recessed target crown, thread end of barrel with fitted tread protector, they supplied custom worked jeweled bolt/squared and dowel installed over firing pin to eliminate play, drilled and fitted picitanny rail. I did alot of grinding and fitting the stock to fit my hand and grip I felt that was best. I removed alot of wood to open up receiver, added redwood veneer to cheek piece and palm swell, cut new forearm opposite that you always see, mated new forearm end made from several hundred yr old Redwood root. Stock finished with approx. 50 coats of clear that was applied and sanded down till I got flat, no ripple smooth finish. I added a handmade Red & White pad spacer. Receiver is mated to stock, bedded in Devcon, brass pillar and stainless steel shoulder bolt to hold everything together. I can't get pictures downloaded, will keep trying.

Pics, man, we need pics! Pm me and Ill send you my email to upload them for you.

Here's the pics for you...awesome rifle. Having issues uploading them too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 146
One more pic...Ill try editing them and making them smaller on my computer when I get home from work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 147
Billy, if you can't upload them, don't worry. I guess they would mean more to you if that was the type of 10/22 you wanted. Glad you like the rifle. Dave

Billy, if you can't upload them, don't worry. I guess they would mean more to you if that was the type of 10/22 you wanted. Glad you like the rifle. Dave

For sure...thanks for sharing. The parts and color schemes are awesome. The stock is a little racy for my taste, but still a work of art none the less. You can definitely tell you put some work into that rifle. Here's my bone stock 10/22 that I'm using as a donor for my build. I have an idea now on how I want to build it from everyone's welcomed advice. Once I get some cash saved up I'll post the build specs with some photos on this thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 118
http://youtu.be/i9l7rgWxT80?list=UUsv8Kh7m3bV-4xXYIlwRniA

Here is the range day. Multiple weapons and calibers.
Unable to just have it open here for some reason.
Not all that up on video uploads I guess. There has to be a way to run the link here but I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for posting. That suppressor is unreal. I want one now. How much does something like that cost? I like the slick profile of it as well. It has clean lines that match well with your barrel contour.

Thanks for posting. That suppressor is unreal. I want one now. How much does something like that cost? I like the slick profile of it as well. It has clean lines that match well with your barrel contour.
As with all NFA items there is a $200 tax stamp. It's a great can but I would look at the sparrow from silencerco. Easier take down and clean up. Don't get me wrong as I really like the essence. It's light, great noise/flash reduction but cleaning can suck!!! low profile also. A good 22 can is small low profile and above all works. But do take into consideration ease of cleaning etc. 1-2 oz really does not matter IMHO.

Update...I got some money for a move I had to do. I should be getting parts in soon. Once they come in I'll list them out and post pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.