Ruger 10/22 Muzzle Brake

jmgoodson

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone had experience with muzzle brakes on the 10/22? The one in particular I am looking at is Here.

Does the 10/22 even have enough kick to warrant getting a brake? I just have a .920 barrel and thumbhole stock and am looking for some more upgrades!! ;)

Thanks,
Jake

I don't think any .22 rifle would warrant the use of a muzzle brake. How long is the barrel? A .920 barrel will be heavy enough to really dampen muzzle flip, etc. .22's really don't even have alot of recoil to start with.

Besides that, in my opinion the clamp-on "barrel stabilizers" or slip over muzzle brakes just don't look good. Adjustable tuners for target rifles are a different thing, but I would just take the money you would spend on that and put it into better trigger/action parts if you haven't done it already.

Volquartsen

Their, muzzle brakes,comps, stabilizations modules are not supposed to have angeled hole to act as a brake. That is probably why they call them a "stabilization module". They destabilize $$$ from your wallet to theirs and you never knew what happened. Im sure if it actually improves your groups its probably more to do so with weight than anything. I spoke to them a few times years ago. They had already discontinued their kudu rifle with helical fluting and came up with snake fluting. They said their testing indicated a snake fluted was "SLIGHTLY" more accurate than than both unfluted and straight fluted, when i asked for data, they changed the subject. Im sure they were paying a fee to ershaw or someone for the helical fluting. More $$$ means more accurate. If you wrap a 1" thick roll of hundred dollar bills around the muzzle you rifle it will be more accurate and you will get many more compliments, just dont walk away from it while im around ;). Ill call it the dead president bullet star gate.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.