Custom Rifle?

furhntr

Would it be possible to get a custom grade rifle for 2,000.? I'm looking for an accurate varmint rifle and that is my budget.

Thanks

well, you have a great varmint gun now. The other question you need to ask your self is how far do you want to be able to shoot. if you can find yourself a decent action at a good price, 2000 is a doable number. I suggest looking for a used Tikka, Savage, Remington in the action size for the caliber you want to build.
Then start picking the brains of the great guys on this site and you are on your way to the great world of long range shooting and the intense world of load development.
Good luck, and have fun.gun)

Coopers are the way to go if your $2K doesn't include scope.
Otherwise, a used gun is your only option(nothing wrong with that).

What caliber (round) are you looking at, how far do you want to shoot and what are you doing (shooting) with it?

I want a 22-250, it will be my coyote rifle so shoots will be under 300yds. I have my 204 for prairie dogs and woodchucks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.