Custom CRF action

Montana Rifle Co.
https://montanarifleco.com/

MRC 2022 RECEIVER

The all-new MRC 2022 receiver is a continuation of the original MRC 1999 receiver which is conceived in part from the pre-64 Model 70. Our controlled feed receiver is one of few on the market that is 100% fully machined from a 416 stainless steel blank. This provides the ultimate in precision and reliability.

1697024846862.png

1697024901565.png

1697024984735.png

I think the best one is ARC nucleus. I run one and they are very smooth and feed great. I played with a few top actions and I felt like the Nucleus was one of the smoothest if not the smoothest.
He's going to need a long action. ARC completely stopped production of their long action Nucleus when they designed the Coup de Gras. Ask me how I know!!! I had one paid for after careful research only to find out a year later "they ain't none!" Had to have my barrel re-cut for Kelbly threads since it was the closest to the inlet I'd had cut in 2 carbon fiber stocks! I like the Kelbly ok except for the force necessary to eject a fired case, which adds precious milliseconds to the time needed for follow up shots. That and the fact it came completely slathered in release agent. Had the bolt release cemented up! No fault of the action or Kelbly there. It's also not CRF, which hasn't mattered with Short Mags (yet). That said, if you find one lightly used they are suppose to be great actions. Make sure you can still order parts like bolt heads.

He's going to need a long action. ARC completely stopped production of their long action Nucleus when they designed the Coup de Gras. Ask me how I know!!! I had one paid for after careful research only to find out a year later "they ain't none!" Had to have my barrel re-cut for Kelbly threads since it was the closest to the inlet I'd had cut in 2 carbon fiber stocks! I like the Kelbly ok except for the force necessary to eject a fired case, which adds precious milliseconds to the time needed for follow up shots. That and the fact it came completely slathered in release agent. Had the bolt release cemented up! No fault of the action or Kelbly there. It's also not CRF, which hasn't mattered with Short Mags (yet). That said, if you find one lightly used they are suppose to be great actions. Make sure you can still order parts like bolt heads.
Last time I talked to them they said they wasn't getting rid of them dang it lol I know they also got rid of the Archimedes action. I have a arc nucleus gen 2 long action that I will be posting up for sale very soon. I switched to a 300 norma

I have a couple of Bighorn/Zermatt TL3's and an Origin and all have been great and reliable. With custom actions like all the ones mentioned above you really can't go wrong, but I have been really happy with parts availability and compatibility with the Zermatt stuff and its just easy to work on.

I believe Defiance also makes CRF actions. At least in the past I saw a lot of reports of people having reliability problems due to tight tolerances when the actions got dirty during "match conditions" (PRS shooters trying to act hard). Plenty of people swear by them, but I don't see them talked about as much on this forum anymore after they hiked their prices a bit.

Bighorn TL3. I have a lefty short action and use it with a heavy barrel and TT Diamond trigger for PRS during the spring and summer and then spin a hunting barrel on with a TT special trigger and drop it in a hunting stock in the fall. Bold maintenance and changing bolt heads is super easy.