Custom action options

chav0_12

I know this has been discussed before but I'm not seeing anything very recent. I've compiled a list of possibilities that I like.

A couple of things that I want it to have are an integral recoil lug and rail. I really like the idea of the shorter bolt throw of the 3-locking lug designs but I'm not set on that as a requirement. like I am the other features. One thing that I really want to make sure that I can do is get pre-fits, some of the companies like Proof offer a military discount and it makes it reasonably priced.

My goal for this rifle is a PRS style competition rifle. It will probably be chambered in a 6mm of some sort, I'm looking at getting a 6 Dasher barrel primarily. Weight is not too much of a concern but, I would like to possibly be able to either build another identical rifle or swap barrels for a NRL Hunter rifle as well. Top of my list at the moment are the TL3 and 737R, with the Zeus and Valor coming in a close second.

I was also wondering if anyone has any experience with the Aero action as that does seem like a decent action at a good price. I haven't heard anything bad about it but I really haven't heard anything great about it either. This does tick all of the boxes for me. Here's the list. If there's anything else that I should consider I'm all ears.

1708471983183.png

Attachments

• 1708471814975.png
    1708471814975.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 113
I would also vote for the impact actions. I have several and all perform well. Also, there is a lot of support when it comes to buying Prefit barrels. Call up Altus and talk with them about it. They're one of impacts biggest dealers. You can buy an action and barrel from them. It's also worth noting that the barrel I have gotten from Altus is my most accurate rifle.

I also have a bat action and hands down I would choose an impact action over a bat.

Terminus Zeus should be what you want, it checks off on everything you listed with the QC feature being the icing. No tools required and can swap out barrels at a shooting match in a few minutes without taking it out of the stock.
I'm not really worried about doing it at a match. More so, shoot a PRS match this weekend and then a couple weekends later shoot a NRL Hunter match. I was thinking a 25 Creedmoor would be the ideal compromise for both though. But I'm difficult and would probably rather have two rifles because I already need another safe.

I just got an aero action. I do not like it, it's definitely not something that's worth the price in my opinion. There is a lot of things that are just not right when it comes to the aero action. Buy something that's more money and worth it.

I know this has been discussed before but I'm not seeing anything very recent. I've compiled a list of possibilities that I like.

A couple of things that I want it to have are an integral recoil lug and rail. I really like the idea of the shorter bolt throw of the 3-locking lug designs but I'm not set on that as a requirement. like I am the other features. One thing that I really want to make sure that I can do is get pre-fits, some of the companies like Proof offer a military discount and it makes it reasonably priced.

My goal for this rifle is a PRS style competition rifle. It will probably be chambered in a 6mm of some sort, I'm looking at getting a 6 Dasher barrel primarily. Weight is not too much of a concern but, I would like to possibly be able to either build another identical rifle or swap barrels for a NRL Hunter rifle as well. Top of my list at the moment are the TL3 and 737R, with the Zeus and Valor coming in a close second.

I was also wondering if anyone has any experience with the Aero action as that does seem like a decent action at a good price. I haven't heard anything bad about it but I really haven't heard anything great about it either. This does tick all of the boxes for me. Here's the list. If there's anything else that I should consider I'm all ears.

View attachment 545815
We shoot BAT for ELR & "F" Class
Have Defiance several models for comp and hunting.
Impact 737r for comp - PRS
ARC CDG??? another for PRS and Hunting

I just got an aero action. I do not like it, it's definitely not something that's worth the price in my opinion. There is a lot of things that are just not right when it comes to the aero action. Buy something that's more money and worth it.
Please elaborate. What is it that you don't like and more importantly, what makes it not worth the price and what isn't right about it? I haven't heard anything that bad about it.

I had Triggered Precision Machine put together an Aero Solus action, Krieger barrel and Trigger Tech Special trigger. It consistently puts 3 shots under 1/4 moa with factory Hornady 108 ELD-M ammo.

Attachments

• 20230926_131138.jpg
    20230926_131138.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 45
Impact has come out with a 75 degree bolt (currently out of stock). But you could probably order an action from him with that bolt.
Would offer every thing that you're looking for.

View attachment 545815
Having plenty to choose from is an excellent problem to have. On my last custom-built, I faced a similar challenge and went with a made-in-Montana product - Anti-X. Good luck with your project.

AnTi-X 3 of 3.jpg

Last edited:
I got several of these on Black Friday sales…totally out performed in all my expectations. Slick bolt, tight lock up, great trigger/firing pin timing, uses prefits.

ARC CDG??? another for PRS and Hunting
Yeah, I'm not sure why I didn't include that in the list. Definitely an option. Pre-fits available? Are they good for their price? I was really looking at that $1400 range so I overlooked this. I included some of the others because that's just what they have. Granted the price is attractive, I also worry at that lower price point.