Custom 338 lapua accuracy?

You will have to find a good consistent load to get out that far. And just get out there and do it. Practice is the fun part about it all. That and knowing that you made the load that is getting you on target out at ELR.

When you do your test load, make sure you test it out at longer ranges than 100 yds. What might show good accuracy at 100 yards, might show less than admirable accuracy at 600-800 yards.

I did my initial load testing at 300 yards and my final load testing at 600 yards.

That's how I did the ones for the 308 and how I plan on doing the ones for the 6xc, the one thing I don't have and need is a rangefinder that will accurately measure that far, the 1000 yard shooting I've been doing is at a local range so I never needed one.

Leica 1600 is the best bang for your buck for sure. You can find a good used one on here sometimes for around $450. Mine will range out to 1900 yds on my 24"x24" target that I shoot at. You just have to have it steady on a shooting bag or a tripod when ranging that far.

Thanks man, I'll be on the lookout for one. I had looked at trupulse 200x but it's fairly spendy and you can never find one used it seems. Maybe one day down the road I'll make it out your way and we could do some shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.