Custom 338 lapua accuracy?

pondskipper

I'm having a .338 lapua built using a badger m-2013 action, broughton 9.3" twist 27" finished length in a krg chassis by Dixie precision arms who, from everything I've seen, are very much so, on top of their game and was curious what kind of accuracy other are getting from their custom 338's, I know it won't compete with my 6xc but was still curious of what to expect from a good, solid, fully custom .338? And a little insight wouldn't hurt if you didn't mind sharing any load data!

Thanks! J.

Try a search in upper right corner for lapua. There is a guy on here who shoots compition with 338 la, think it was 600 in Norwiegian bench and had shoot outstanding groups with his and good groups to much furhter. My norma has shot into close to inch at 400. I shot with guy at range and his stock sako 338 la would shoot one hole at 200 3/8 type group.That rifle should put 3 in 6'' at 1000.

I tried searches here and on other sights and can't really find much in terms of what people are getting from their rifles, about all I find is stuff on savages, remingtons, and armalite rifles and pretty much in that order as well, but I'm looking for what others are getting from their FULL CUSTOM rifles in 338 LM.

Good lord man! That's definitely something to be proud of! Mind sharing a few rifle specs or possibly photos? Have you ever tried us-869 or know anyone who has?

image.jpg

Stiller TAC338 single shot action chambered in 338 LM w/20 MOA rail
McMillan A3 stock
Jewell trigger
Hart 26" Rem varmint contour 1:10 twist
CSR 4 port muscle brake
Badger 50 MAX scope rings
Nightforce 5.5-22x50 HS turrets/ZS

That's a sharp looking rifle you got there! Hopefully mine will shoot as good, in your thread it said you were getting just shy of 2800 fps, that's not bad with a 26" tube, is that 26 from the recoil lug?

Yes..the length of the barrel itself is 26" so around 28" with the muzzle brake on. I ran it through a chrono no too long ago and verified my drops out to a mile and the chrono was right on. I'm getting an avg of 2822 fps with my load and 300 gr Bergers. The gun is simply amazing and fun to shoot.

Glad to hear, any words of advice? To date the farthest I've shot is 1000 using a 308win 175 smk over 43 grains of varget and hope to get out that far with my 6xc as soon as I finish load development on it. I hope to go to at least 1800-2000 yards with the .338, biggest problem I'll have is finding a place to shoot that far...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.