.338 Lapua custom build

dbhunter

Need suggestions. Thinking of a new build for an Elk rifle. I do not want to form brass, so was thinking of a .338 Lapua.
Want a light rifle for carry in the 8 1/2 to 9 lb. range without scope.
McMillan HTG stock
26-28" barrel plus brake. The carbon wrap barrels might be needed to get the weight down.

Don't know which action to use.

Looking for any suggestions.

This is just the start of a new dream, still waiting on the first custom from Kirby as we speak.

Thanks,
Doug

Here's mine R-700 action ABS 30" +brake 11.6 pounds including 5.5X22X50 NXS scope and steel rings and bases. A Palma contour barrel with flute will be nearly identical in wieght to the ABS Carbon wrapped barrel

PARKER338LM-1.jpg

Here's mine R-700 action ABS 30" +brake 11.6 pounds including 5.5X22X50 NXS scope and steel rings and bases. A Palma contour barrel with flute will be nearly identical in wieght to the ABS Carbon wrapped barrel

PARKER338LM-1.jpg

Need suggestions. Thinking of a new build for an Elk rifle. I do not want to form brass, so was thinking of a .338 Lapua.
Want a light rifle for carry in the 8 1/2 to 9 lb. range without scope.
McMillan HTG stock
26-28" barrel plus brake. The carbon wrap barrels might be needed to get the weight down.

Don't know which action to use.

Looking for any suggestions.

This is just the start of a new dream, still waiting on the first custom from Kirby as we speak.

Thanks,
Doug

If you decide on the 338 Lapua, I have some Neil Jones custom product dies that you may want to pick up.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.