Coyote rifles...let’s see them..and which stock for mine?

B&C or Mcmillan

• B&C

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • McMIllan

Votes: 61 84.7%

• Total voters
The trio of 220 swift are my go to for coyotes. Have a Remington 700 VS in the back, a Ruger M77 200th year of Amercan Liberty edition in the middle and another older M77 in a tiger stripe maple stock in the front.View attachment 124695

And when I'm not saving fur or in a tournament I go to the little sako .243 with a 20" Christensen barrel shooting the 87gr Vmax.View attachment 124698
I used to have one of those exact same rifles...Also in .220 Swift. For about 2 hours... Then I traded it to a fellow employee at the gun store for his custom Model 7 .22-250 heavy barrel sitting in an HS stock with a Jewell trigger, and it was built by a very renowned smith. I think I came out better on that deal, but he was the one who offered up the trade. :cool:

6.5 Creedmoor in a
IMG_0996.jpg
MDT LSS Chassis........

Honestly, what you pay for a mcmillan I'm not impressed. They are nice stocks, don't get me wrong, but they all seem very clunky. I have owned and used the A5, HTGA, and HTG. I still have the HTGA. I think my downfall was when I got my first manners stock. It's fit and feel is so much better. If mcmillans were priced around the grayboe area, I would say they win all day, but if you're paying that much go manners.

If you want to save money and still have a quality stock the BC M40 and the new long range target model with the adjustable cheek piece is the way to go! I have used BC. I really like them.
I chose a custom stocked 700 Remington BDL (shown on the right with a fiddle back maple stock in 270 Winchester. A few said that a 270 is too large for coyotes but with 100 grain bullets shooting only end shots the billets never leave the carcass and they are one shot. instant, kiills!

Recent Posts