Cold temp caused faster speeds

Problem with that theory is that while the bore may shrink, so does the diameter of the bullet and cartridge case, and likely by more than the bore, unless you are keeping the ammo warmed somehow..
On that note do you think that the case shrinking, and causing less volume inside the case could be leading to these spikes? Similar to going from Hornady to ADG? The powder charge and primer remaining the same in a possibly smaller case and smaller chamber and smaller bore?

Do some research or google " cold weld on reloaded ammo" - I don't know how old your reloads were but bench rest shooters load at the range the day of the shoot. I've tested this and it has varied with various rifles and reloading components.

Do some research or google " cold weld on reloaded ammo" - I don't know how old your reloads were but bench rest shooters load at the range the day of the shoot. I've tested this and it has varied with various rifles and reloading components.
I've saw this also. Not so much when using brand new brass but fired brass. It can be corrected.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.