Close to a decision on the rifle rest need more help!

demarpaint

Thanks Guys for all the help.

I am new to shooting off of one of these type rests. I use bipods or a sandbag most of the time. My question is this: Since the front of the stock differs in width from rifle to rifle, is there a front rifle rest that can adjust to the stock width? I would like to use the front rest for a hunting rifle (sight in), as well as a varmint, or bench rig? Is there a clamp like adjustment to allow for the different widths of the stock? Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I was leaning toward the one of the Bald Eagle Windage rests.

Thanks again for all the help.
Frank D

Evening Sir,

Keep leaning towards the Bald Eagle. IMHO its the best going... Anyhow, what I do with mine (& I have the windage top on mine) is I just use the applicable size bag on the rest plate. For my sporter stocked rifles, I use the narrow 1.5 - 2.0" bag. I have a 2.5 - 3.0" bag for the wide stocked rifles (which I don't currently have). I have not looked in Bald Eagles line, but I do know sinclairs & hart make an adjustable top to do what you desire. I have used that style and did not like it, I found it far easier to change the bag than to adjust the top plate to the stock..

With the bald Eagle, you get one bag w/purchase and for another 20 or so $ you can buy another bag for the other size stocks..

I bought my rest from Bill Krazinski at Allied Shooters Accessories and here is the web address. http://benchrest.com/asa/
Awesome customer service and great price, give him a look...

Rod

I use the Sinclair rest with the adjustable top. One bag fits all of my rifles and it only takes a few seconds with the allen wrench to adjust from one size to the next.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.