Climbing tree stand options

You northern folks all tote you summits upside down😉.

I tote mine the right way…..cables up.

If you hafta perform any high performance maneuvers while carrying your summit, you want your cables up so you don't get a foot caught up in the back swing of a runnin/jumpin high step.

Titan or Goliath. Only way to go, for us full grown fellers.
Do you.have the platform at your back or your seat? I have carried mine cables up with the platform to my back for years. I use the cables to help load up on my shoulder when I the woods, makes it nice

You northern folks all tote you summits upside down😉.

I tote mine the right way…..cables up.

If you hafta perform any high performance maneuvers while carrying your summit, you want your cables up so you don't get a foot caught up in the back swing of a runnin/jumpin high step.

Titan or Goliath. Only way to go, for us full grown fellers.

That was my only gripe, cables tripping me as I jump over trees and dash through the blow downs! Gonna have to flip that dang thing. Learn something everyday I guess.!
You guys are way more agile than me!

What's everyone using?
I currently have a API grand slam that I have been using for over 20 years and love how stable it is in the tree and is very comfortable. What I dislike is how darn heavy it is. I think it's 29 lbs
It's ok for my normal deer hunting spots but after using it for bear hunting yesterday with a very long hike along with my backpack and a rifle I sure would have liked to have something a bit lighter.
Here's what I would like : under 20 lbs, comfortable and somewhat quiet setting up. Probably not possible nowadays but a USA made climber.
Thanks for any suggestions.
I dont know your age and physical shape.... the best way I know to hunt in mobile elevation,lite weight better seeing and moving ability is a saddle/climber set up.... were I able.... I would give all my other stands away...both including some exspensive climbers and use a saddle....

Old school porta climb Cadillac and some homemade stands.

I like to sit facing the tree, and as far as I know there really aren't any new climbers that let me do that. I shop for new often but can't find any. I'd love something more packable

Porta climb still makes them but they are larger and slightly different. They just don't collapse like the mainstream stuff
saddles allow exactly that..... with movement as game moves...

I dont know your age and physical shape.... the best way I know to hunt in mobile elevation,lite weight better seeing and moving ability is a saddle/climber set up.... were I able.... I would give all my other stands away...both including some exspensive climbers and use a saddle....
I read about the saddle years ago in a book about bow hunting by John & Chris Eberhart and thought it would be a very mobile way to hunt.
I had lower back surgery a long time ago but the pain is awful if sitting too long or in a awkward position so the saddle is out for this guy. Great suggestion though!

Recent Posts