Cleaning barrels...

I use various delrin bore guides, o-ring sealed & solvent ports. Don't remember brands.
I follow the Speedy Gonzales cleaning procedure, including washing the bore with alcohol. Then I dry pre-foul with tungsten (WS2).
Nylon brushes are sufficient for me as I clean every bore right after every use, so carbon never takes a set.

Nylon brushes are sufficient for me as I clean every bore right after every use, so carbon never takes a set.

I also clean the rifle's bore after every range session. However, the Teslong proved to me that carbon was still building in certain areas. It didn't seem to be affecting accuracy but it was present. I noticed that in the 90 deg angle where the land meets the groove, carbon was present about midway down the barrel. After soaking the barrel with patches loaded with BoreTech C4 and vigorously scrubbing with a bronze brush, the hardened carbon was still there.

A borescope can be very revealing. Now I've got to take a better look at my others rifles.

I use various delrin bore guides, o-ring sealed & solvent ports. Don't remember brands.
I follow the Speedy Gonzales cleaning procedure, including washing the bore with alcohol. Then I dry pre-foul with tungsten (WS2).
I got some Sinclair bore guides, and not happy with them. I will look them up. Thanks. P.S. in the final throughs with my 6mm/280AI. Thanks for the help on the process of cutting necks.

Bore snake and a patch wrapped around brush with J-B Bore Paste.
Get a bore scope (amazon about $50) and you can see when you 'really' get it cleaned. This one is fairly clean.

Attachments

• WIN_20220112_21_36_18_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220112_21_36_18_Pro.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 72
Any models you would recommend over others?
I got the basic Teslong for aroubd $50. I use camera in windows and store and display on my computer monitor.

Did your patches come out Blue? If so, it was an ammonia based formula, which is not banned by anyone anywhere in the world. As I recall, the Hunters Extreme Copper melt had some abrasive along with the ammonia. Abrasives are not banned either.
They did come out blue, but there was no smell. If you put a drop of it on a penny it would fizz. My understanding it contained some type of copper eating enzymes.

Ammonia at a low concentration. When it fizzes, it is releasing hydrogen, which has no smell. Sweets 7.62 is the highest concentration of ammonia marketed to shooters. You can buy industrial strength ammonia gas disolved in water, by the gallon, at Grainger, Global Industrial or a scientific supply house, with similar strength to Sweets. Most barrel cleaners have a concentration of ammonia at or below glass cleaners like Windex.
Enzymes are made by living cells. There is no reason for cells to evolve an enzyme to oxidize metallic copper into cupric ions, which are particularly harmful to plant cells. These ions are used to "control" water weeds, like milfoil, in lakes.

-Boretech Eliminator
-Boretech Carbon, Copper(heavy fouling)
-Cotton patches
-Dewey Coated Rod
-Dewey Bronze brush
-Dewey/Possum Hollow Bore Guides
-Montana Blend Bore Conditioner for final lubrication

KG 1 for the carbon
KG 12 for the copper
Tipton carbon fiber rod
Tipton bore guide
Tipton bronze brushes with brass centers
Parker Hale style wraparound jags
Cotton patches
Eezox oil before going in the safe.

I have literally a respectable sized cabinet full of barrel cleaning solvents from Birchwood Casey, Montana extreme, Barnes, Pro Shot, Shooters Choice, G69, KG12, Bore Tec, M-Pro-7, Ballistal and I'm sure I have forgotten a few.

Then about 8-10 years ago while at Accurate reloading.com I read about Sharp shooter-r Wipe-Out foaming bore cleaner and gave it a try. I have never gone back and used anything else to remove copper fouling.
I start with either Sharp Shoot-R Carb-out or Bore Tec C4 carbon remover to remove all carbon build up then use the Wipe-out along with Wipe-out liquid accelerator.

I fill the barrel then plug the muzzle end and the bore guide and depending on how many shots I fired let the Wipe-out sit for four hours to 12 hours. Using the carbon remover then the Wipe-out W/accelerator has reduced the number of patches I use by +/-80%.

I use only Dewys nylon coated rods, nylon bore brushes and Nickle plated bore jags and a bore guide.

If you aren't in a hurry you can not beat Wipe-Out for minimal effort and extreme cleaning of your barrel.