Christensen Rifles, need first hand input

Buzzsaw

I sold my .223, shopping its replacement. I have a .22 Creedmoor, so, I want another .223

I want it light , under 7#
accurate .5-.75 @ 100
quality

I really like the Christensen MPR 16" or 18" carbon fiber. Its their chassis rifle.

I could go custom but its another 1K and 6 months+ wait

Need to know what accuracy I can expect from the Christensen. Real replies I know Christensen reviews have been up and down.

I have owned two in the Mesa. The 300WM was a 1/2" shooter for me. It was still Sporter weight. I then bought one in 6.5 Creedmoor. I just started playing with it and it "wants to shoot". Several loads hovered around 1/2 also. It is pretty light. I like them, "a sample of 2" though. :)

I purchased a CA Mesa in 6.5 CM, in December. After 50 rounds of break-in, and 50 more rounds to get up to 100, I've started load development for a hunting load. I'm loading Hornady brass, Federal 210 M primers, and Nosler 140 gn Ballistic Tip bullets. I've narrowed down to H4350 and StaBall 6.5 powders.

I've got two H4350 loads under .400 MOA at .020 off the lands. This weekend, I've loaded different seating depths and I'll check those. I've also got a great ladder test at 300 yards with the StaBall 6.5, with 5 loads almost on top of each other. I've loaded some of that for further testing.

i think the Mesa is a very accurate production rifle, and I'm very pleased with the performance of it. It's easy to shoot, easy to break in, easy to mount optics on, and seems to be a great gun for the price.

I had a 6.5PRC MPR. Loved the chassis & how well it fit. It was sub-moa, not by too much though. Compared to my Tikka CTR, the Christensen action was like sandpaper. I actually ended up selling the barreled action on it's own and keeping the chassis to put a Bighorn Origin + Proof CF barrel setup in it. Much happier with that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.