Choosing brass?

BC 300 why

Hey guys need some help from the pros. I have searched and searched but can not find my answer so I will just ask. I am new to reloading and about to buy some 6.5 creedmoor brass for my rpr. Are there any real disadvantages to buying/shooting bulk ammo? If so, can y'all explain. I am not shooting in competition but definitely trying to get the best groups.

Secondly, I have approx five boxes of once fired hornady brass. It was not all the same. One box is eldx, one eldm, one whitetail hunter, etc. Once I reload all the same, do I need to keep them separate in their respective lots (boxes) or just mix them all together at that time. Will I see a difference when shooting. Thanks.

Secondly, I have approx five boxes of once fired hornady brass. It was not all the same. One box is eldx, one eldm, one whitetail hunter, etc. Once I reload all the same, do I need to keep them separate in their respective lots (boxes) or just mix them all together at that time. Will I see a difference when shooting. Thanks.

i bet they are all the same brass maybe weight sort, check for damage , brass prep , load and shoot

Last edited:
When unprimed brass was scarce but ammo was plentiful I would often buy 10-20 boxes over several months to get a supply of brass to reload.
I even did this with my comp guns, buying ammo, shooting it in my hunting rifles and keeping it for those comp guns after carefull inspection, sorting and prepping.
Often, buying bulk ammo works out cheaper than buying bulk brass.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.