Choosing a starting point when reloading?

I look at a loading manual to see what range of burn rate I am looking for, Look in my cabinet where I have 31 different powders (currently) and look at which gets the best velocity, and which is generally most accurate. and a second place on both fronts. Then I see which I have. I usually don't start at the bottom, but somewhere in the middle on charge weight unless there is little room. I get my recommended max charge from the average of 3 sources if I can. Always wary of a single source. I check manuals then I check the reloading sites to see what others are maxing out with. Not to go over Max, but to make sure when I go 2-2.5 grains under manual maximum, that I remain firmly in the safe zone. I will then load start there and load 3 rounds in .5 grain increments alternating up.5 and down .5 from my starting point.

Accuracy load printed in hornadys manual, gets me close.Better yet keeps me safe.. Besafe.......

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.