Check out what I made

BallisticsGuy

I'm all the time forgetting my printed DOPE sheets in the car or more often at home as I rush off to a match. Once I get to the match I usually make it into stage 3 before my phone dies and I lose access to my ballistics app. Hopefully I was on the ball enough to get my stage DOPE written down on the hike between stages but usually that's a time frustrated thing as I always have newbs on my heels that I'm having to take care of and they're never prepared in the slightest. So, I'm having to help them get stage DOPE, etc... leaving me zero time to do my own DOPE writing. So how to deal with teaching newbs, getting my DOPE ready & handy, dealing with my own forgetfulness and practice PACE a little better?

At my last match it occurred to me that the two things I have never once forgotten are my water bottle and my phone. So, how about I just put ballistics data on those in a way that doesn't rub off or require batteries?

I present to you my latest toys. Since I know someone will ask, yes, I can make one for you. To be clear, this isn't a business. These are just something I can make. Anyone that wants one will get it at my cost. I'm not looking to try to make a profit from LRH members. PM here or email ballisticxlr at gmail if interested. I can do iPhone and Galaxy phones, water bottles, travel mugs and other stuff.

Aluminum water bottle with ballistics DOPE and iPhone case with ballistics DOPE.
img_2305.jpg
and
img_2306.jpg

It's not a sticker. The finish is homogenous. No scratching, chipping, flaking, peeling. Already had a chance to get out with the data. Of course it works perfectly.

If you want one you can get it below. Custom stuff available by request at no extra charge.
https://shop.spreadshirt.com/38346/?noCache=true

Last edited:
Due to some direct requests I've pre-fabbed some additional designs that can ship almost immediately. I've got 308win data for 20" barrel with 168 & 175gn SMK and 24" barrel 6.5CM with 140 & 147 ELD-M. If anyone has a special request LMK via PM and I'll do what I can.

I'm all the time forgetting my printed DOPE sheets in the car or more often at home as I rush off to a match. Once I get to the match I usually make it into stage 3 before my phone dies and I lose access to my ballistics app. Hopefully I was on the ball enough to get my stage DOPE written down on the hike between stages but usually that's a time frustrated thing as I always have newbs on my heels that I'm having to take care of and they're never prepared in the slightest. So, I'm having to help them get stage DOPE, etc... leaving me zero time to do my own DOPE writing. So how to deal with teaching newbs, getting my DOPE ready & handy, dealing with my own forgetfulness and practice PACE a little better?

At my last match it occurred to me that the two things I have never once forgotten are my water bottle and my phone. So, how about I just put ballistics data on those in a way that doesn't rub off or require batteries?

I present to you my latest toys. Since I know someone will ask, yes, I can make one for you. To be clear, this isn't a business. These are just something I can make. Anyone that wants one will get it at my cost. I'm not looking to try to make a profit from LRH members. PM here or email ballisticxlr at gmail if interested. I can do iPhone and Galaxy phones, water bottles, travel mugs and other stuff.

Aluminum water bottle with ballistics DOPE and iPhone case with ballistics DOPE.
img_2305.jpg
and
img_2306.jpg

It's not a sticker. The finish is homogenous. No scratching, chipping, flaking, peeling. Already had a chance to get out with the data. Of course it works perfectly.
Very creative Guy! Nice work. I had the same problem so I taped mine to the stock of my rifle with water prof tape. I am talking my drop clicks for my magnum rifles out to as far as 1550 yards on the 308 Norma and 1100 yards for the 300 Win. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Thanks much! I actually don't hunt or even shoot at meat or any kind anymore. Haven't for years. California laws and poachers made public land just too dangerous. Nowadays I'm using my shooting time as a long range precision rifle instructor and competitive shooter. Been down the paper and tape route, dope discs in the scope caps and all the other ways. The only thing that really works as far as paper or paper-like material are the Revlar printed tables that I'd carry around in my pocket or the adhesive backed models I'd affix to the stock. Those printed tables are made of a polymer that looks like paper but it's not and it's blood/water/tear proof and pretty seriously scratch resistant. Add my clear armor layer and they're actually scratch proof.

My printed data tables go to 1800m at 100m increments or 2490m at 10m increments. I include spin, coriolis and wind in multiple temperature regimes. Everything is set up so the user can compensate for temperature or elevation changes quickly without any gadgets.

These new things seem to be getting good response. Oddly most people that have asked for one of their own are asking for the water bottle. Really thought the phone case would be more desirable.

Took my phone case and water bottle out to a match. Coach used the bottle. I used my phone case. We didn't use electronics for shot data or air density data. I used a USGS map to get elevation and guessed at the temperatures throughout the day. DOPE was dead on all day for both of us and our other 2 teammates. I took 5th prone, 6th overall tied with one of my teammates. The 4th guy on our team was 3 points behind and got 6th prone, 7th overall. Coach came in right behind him (coach was using borrowed guns all day after forgetting his ammo at home and still landed a solid mid-pack score). A little video of some of the stages (all of them I got video of anyway).

All of the grinding my data around in the dirt and other people fondling em' and trying to scrape it with their fingernails caused exactly zero damage. They're good as new. The match director picked up a water bottle as soon as he was able to see one up close.

Took my phone case and water bottle out to a match. Coach used the bottle. I used my phone case. We didn't use electronics for shot data or air density data. I used a USGS map to get elevation and guessed at the temperatures throughout the day. DOPE was dead on all day for both of us and our other 2 teammates. I took 5th prone, 6th overall tied with one of my teammates. The 4th guy on our team was 3 points behind and got 6th prone, 7th overall. Coach came in right behind him (coach was using borrowed guns all day after forgetting his ammo at home and still landed a solid mid-pack score). A little video of some of the stages (all of them I got video of anyway).

All of the grinding my data around in the dirt and other people fondling em' and trying to scrape it with their fingernails caused exactly zero damage. They're good as new. The match director picked up a water bottle as soon as he was able to see one up close.

Appears to have very little recoil with that setup, is that a Monroe shock absorber? Kidding, that is very different but seems to work great. Nice job GUY.

The long shock absorber looking thing under the fore end is a BipodeXt from Accuracy Solutions. It's mostly carbon fiber with some aluminum bits. It's collapsible and lets me move my bipod forward out in front of the muzzle. Increasing the lever length between the butt and the bipod makes any inputs at the back end yield smaller angular changes at the fulcrum which is the bipod, massively more stable. It's like shooting from a machine rest. Also makes things like sitting shots and extreme angle shots a breeze.

The rifle recoil is very mild. I have kinda glass shoulders anymore and I can shoot it literally all day without any soreness at all. Makes spotting your own shots cake.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.