CHECK OUT THIS BULLET

älg

HERE IS A PIC OF THE LM-105, A 338 CAL BULLET THAT LUTZ MOELLER MAKES IN GERMANY.

LOOKS GREAT FOR LR BUT FOR HUNTING MAY NOT BE THE IDEA. web page I THINK BC IS AROUND .9

We made this bullet originally in 2002. BC is indeed in excess of .9 and it needs a 1:7 " twist. It weighs 295gr and is packed 25 to a box. If the twist of your rifle is 1:10" or 12", a shorter bullet is required.

They are available. The coating is a variant of moly that gets rid of all the problems, imaginary and otherwise, associated with moly coating. You can have them without moly as well if you really want that. Drive band bullets can be run about 5% faster than smooth or grooved bullets at the same pressure levels and throat life is more than doubled.

We have a small but growing range of long range bullets (SP range) now and will be posting them on a separate page on our website in the next couple of months. All our bullets are CNC turned from solid copper and concentricity issues therefore do not exist. Tolerances are held to less than + or - 0.005mm on diameter and less than 0.025% on weight. Cost is around $1.85 each plus shipping.

Gerard, do you make also high BC bullets in 6,5 and 30 cal. ? Do they also have the same point/meplat, or can they be made a little wider in the tip to allow better expansion?

By the way, any relation with Mr. Moeller? Just curious as I thought he was ( also ? ) making this bullet. Maybe I am wrong, my german is not good.

Gerard, i saw on your site somewhere a 250 gr 33 cal. but it's not listed on your info page. was wondering what the bc is and if a 10 twist is adequit? that 295 looks sweet but i don't know of anyone that makes a 7 twist barrel in 33 cal. Dave Wilson

POP,
Thanks for posting the info. Your long shot with the 416 is here.

älg,
The HV bullets on our website are hunting bullets and, due to the open hollow point, the BC numbers are not as good as what spitser bullets are. Our SP range are spitsers and cover from 6mm to .50BMG. Once we have completed the photographs of the SP range, they will go onto a separate page on our site.

Mr Moeller corresponded with us extensively during 2002 and 2003. He was very interested in the HV concept that we pioneered and patented in 1997. He expressed an interest in becoming our distributor in Europe and to get to know him better, we invited him to come and hunt with us in 2003. Upon his return to Germany, he lodged a German "small patent" for the drive band bullets and proceeded to manufacture them himself. There is no collaberation between our businesses and we remain thankful that we did not disclose more than what we did to him.

Sniper2,
Is this permitted here? If not, I will remove it, moderators please let me know. http://gscustom.co.za

Dave,
We have an old style smooth sided HP monometal bullet in 250gr. It is completely overshadowed by the 225gr HV which is 1.53" in length. That is close to the length of a 260 to 270gr jacketed lead bullet. In the SP range we have recently completed two .338 bullets specifically for 1:10" and 1:12" twist barrels. The design goal was to remain supersonic to 1 mile with these. The Sako TRG (338LM) with which Tom Marsti won the Lapua Sniper competition has a 1:7" Walther barrel. That bullet (295gr) remains supersonic to beyond 2300m when launched at 2950fps.

1-7" ROT!! Bout what I figured!

Now......how you going to prevent destroying the structural integrity of the bullet trying to push it to max velocity??

Better be made out of some **** good stuff is all I can say!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.