Suppressor / Moderator Shooters, Check This Out!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by jb1000br, Jan 5, 2007.

1. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

2. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

JB,

Very nice!

Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif:

[​IMG]

(and one photo remaining on my Oct 05 thread at: http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...=true#Post86386 )

Presumably, as the unwitting R&D dept I’m in line for a complimentary cover? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. jb1000br

BD - Actually the idea came to me in Feb 2005 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Things just took some time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rifles Only will ship them overseas though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

4. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

It was worth a try! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...think I may well buy one; Nomex thread and a 1800 deg f heatshield sound to be just the thing.

What diameter can are they designed for?

5. jb1000br

Brown - any diameter you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

All you need to provide is Diameter and length in english or metric /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

From now forward though, all ordering needs to go thru Rifles Only: http://www.riflesonly.com/

JB

6. jb1000br

7. jb1000br

Guys, BLACK will be available after the dust settles from SHOT Show.

Also, there was a fair amount of possibly undesirable attention toward the covers at SHOT...might see some rip-offs come about soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JB

8. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

JB,

Your advertising effort paid off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ....ordered a SAS2 and roll-up mat just over a week ago...very helpful on the telephone...I'll post some pics and impressions once I get them.

9. jb1000br

10. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

Well, apologies for the delay; been unable to shoot for the last few months.

Here's my review:

BUY ONE OF THESE SUPPRESSOR COVERS !!

Just got back from my first plink with the new kit; not even the mildest hint of mirage from the suppressor...performance way beyond expectation.
    [​IMG]

The roll-up shooting mat is superb too (I'm mis-employing the elbow padding in the pic above to mitigate hard ground bipod bounce) packs up to nothing, also thoroughly recommended:
    [​IMG]

Frustrating return to shooting after such a long break; couldn't get under 0.18MOA:
    [​IMG]
    (OK OK, I averaged out at 0.4-0.5 MOA, but it was a nice way to start!)