Remington 700 now in .338Lapua? Check this out!

EXPRESS

Remington - Carabine da tiro clink on the link that says "mostra dettagli" and you will see that they are offering this rifle, known as the "Police" model here.

Am I bringing up old news here?

An 8.9lb rifle in the .338Lapua cartridge seems like a good way to get a flinch.

Seems strange to me that this could slip under the radar...?

Customer service at Remington US says it is in the works for the USA, just no definite date yet.

That's an interesting development, and how does a small market like Italy get it before the US?

The CS rep at Remington had no idea why Italy was chosen.

Bill

Rem Police in 338 Lapua

Hi the rem police in 338 Lapua is available here in Australia it is $400 more than other police rifles due to the extra work involved making it handle the larger Lapua case.

Cheers Bill
Australia

I am fairly certain that if I call and order the rifle it would take at least 2 years to get here. Thats' what happened when I ordered my .204Ruger and the same goes for any other new entry.

Still, didn't think the 700 action was big enough for the Lapua round and its' strange something like that hasn't made more news in the LRH scene.

what`ll it do the RUM wont,,is it just better brass or will it outrun the RUM that much to make it worth the cost..

It has a more powder capacity, which means it "inherantly" has the ability to outperform the UM....

But on paper, the 340 Weatherby mag is faster than both, but I think most of us here know why.....a bit of freebore perhaps?

On Nosler site the 338 RUM out runs both with thier factory ammo and reloading data
if you are going past reloading data suggestions then the brass probably does let the 338LM catch up or pass

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.