Carbon vs fluted stainless

Clearly not a Sendero profile 🤣 🤣 🤣 . That thing looks like a baseball bat.

OP. The difference I have felt is with the longer profile barrels. 20" not so much. It is also not as accurate as my other longer barrels. Not sure carbon is what I would go with for a dedicated sheep rifle, but for the same profile and "they claim rigidity" you get. All with a trade off. If wanting to add the can, mine put the weight back on it as if it was a steel barrel in the 20". More mirage with higher strings so definitely not what I want for zombies...hunting, yes.

Who has built a 300 RUM with a number 2 or less, 9 pound rifle? How does it shoot? Mine has the C6 barrel at 27" and does well with 215/245s.

Clearly not a Sendero profile 🤣 🤣 🤣 . That thing looks like a baseball bat.

OP. The difference I have felt is with the longer profile barrels. 20" not so much. It is also not as accurate as my other longer barrels. Not sure carbon is what I would go with for a dedicated sheep rifle, but for the same profile and "they claim rigidity" you get. All with a trade off. If wanting to add the can, mine put the weight back on it as if it was a steel barrel in the 20". More mirage with higher strings so definitely not what I want for zombies...hunting, yes.

Who has built a 300 RUM with a number 2 or less, 9 pound rifle? How does it shoot? Mine has the C6 barrel at 27" and does well with 215/245s.
I had a 300 weatherby with a number #2, first shot was great 2md shot about an inch off 3rd shot was 3-4" out. If you have 20ish minutes between shots it was a sub moa gun. It weighted right at 9 lbs weatherby mark v 9 lug 26" barrel. It wasn't a gun that you wanted to spend the day at the range with lol.

I can buy two steel barrels for the cost of one carbon barrel…

The % of hummer steel barrels I've chambered is much better then the % of hummer carbon barrels.

I personally use unfluted steel barrels for my builds. But I like to see them shooting 1/4moa groups from the bench with the cold bore shot being in the group.