"Carbon fiber wrap" versus "synthetic" stocks

Goodtobetheking

How much difference will I notice in accuracy between the same rifle with either a "carbon reinforced" stock or a "synthetic" one?

While not exactly the same rifle...I'm looking at two Browning X-Bolts, one with a "carbon fiber wrap" stock and the other with a "composite" stock.

I'm guessing other factors - barrel contour, twist rate, et al - differing between these two will likely make a bigger difference in accuracy than the stock, hence my generic question about relative accuracy, "all things being equal" to isolate likely effects of stock type on accuracy.

If your definition of synthetic is plastic, the carbon fiber stock will flex much less. Some manufacturers describe their plastic stocks as "synthetic" and some "composite". Others "composite" is fiberglass and carbon fiber. There's a lot of X-Bolt models, perhaps you can have a hands on look to decide.

If your definition of synthetic is plastic, the carbon fiber stock will flex much less. Some manufacturers describe their plastic stocks as "synthetic" and some "composite". Others "composite" is fiberglass and carbon fiber. There's a lot of X-Bolt models, perhaps you can have a hands on look to decide.

Thanks. The two I'm looking at are the X-Bolt Pro Tungsten, and the X-Bolt Hell's Canyon. I'm leaning towards the Pro Tungsten, which claims the carbon wrap stock, but it's considerably more money than the "composite" stocked Hell's Canyon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.