Carbon fiber or light weight stocks

calib

I am looking to have a stock made inletted for a Bat C.T. action. 3.5lbs or less for a 338 snipetac build. It will have a 1.350" for 4" then taper down to a rem varmint contour at 32" long.

The reason light weight is cause the Idaho hunting rifle wright limit is 16#.

Any help out there? And manners won't do it

Oregunsmithing
York builds some carbon stocks for any rifle
Check the adj tac out. Pretty cool

Anyone else out there know of any custom carbon-fiber stocks or large lightweightAnyone else out there know of any custom carbon fiber stocks or lightweight stocks

I believe both Manners and McMillan offer Carbon Fiber stocks. You'll have to check out their websites to verify inlet for your BAT action though....

t

I did check with both manners and mcmillan by phone. Like the o.p. says manners will not do it. They will only do a hr and vr models. No inlet for the ct

Well crap, I missed that part of the post completely. Apologies. I can understand where McM is coming from, the SnipeTac is a monster; probably more CYA than anything but, I get it.

t

It is a cover-your-*** thing and I understand the liability make some lightweight stock with lightweight fill and then have it shatter when a gun goes off in it a few times would not be great. I may have to look into either in a a5 with a carbon shell or possibly been a2

Maybe a Proof Research carbon fiber barrel would help with the weight. Then you could get more strength in the stock.

MPI in Oregon does custom carbon fiber stocks. Might want to give them a call and see what they have to say...I have one and love it, but it's on a pip-squeak 25-06.
Link: http://www.mpistocks.com

I am looking to have a stock made inletted for a Bat C.T. action. 3.5lbs or less for a 338 snipetac build. It will have a 1.350" for 4" then taper down to a rem varmint contour at 32" long.

The reason light weight is cause the Idaho hunting rifle wright limit is 16#.

Any help out there? And manners won't do it

Hill country rifles has made some Cheytac rifles, and I think that they put them in a McM stock. You might contact them. They also have a stock that McM makes for them, rifleman stock I think.

Maybe a Proof Research carbon fiber barrel would help with the weight. Then you could get more strength in the stock.

MPI in Oregon does custom carbon fiber stocks. Might want to give them a call and see what they have to say...I have one and love it, but it's on a pip-squeak 25-06.
Link: http://www.mpistocks.com
Sent an email. On his action list I see no bat actions, so we will see. Does proof make a 32" 338 barrel with 1.350" shank?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.